stage micrometer

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

salden

stage micrometer

Post by salden »

Where can I get one that will not cost me a truck payment?
Sue Alden

g4lab

Post by g4lab »

ebay would be my suggestion. You could either get a Chinese/India made one, or pay a bit more and get one made in Germany or the US

Here
and Here are chinese made ones. There are similar ones for $100. The price has popped up. There were no others up at the moment.

A friend of mine bought some stereo stage plates from this guy and was satisfied.

augusthouse

Post by augusthouse »

I could never work out why these things are so expensive; but I am beginning to understand.
I have never had occasion to use one of these; but that first link (item#200247338357) looks like it might be good for 'scale bars'?

I have dealt with this seller on a number of occasions. He lists some amazing items. All my experiences have been positive. Good communication and fast shipping. Among the items purchased were stage plates, triple and quad branch fiber optic light guides and FO lenses, Olympus LSD illuminator and transformer, objective containers and some other magical things.
Shipping costs are usually high because they are sent Express; progress can be tracked online. It is quick.

Craig

*edited typo x2
Last edited by augusthouse on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

dmillard

Post by dmillard »

g4lab wrote:ebay would be my suggestion. You could either get a Chinese/India made one, or pay a bit more and get one made in Germany or the US

Here
and Here are chinese made ones. There are similar ones for $100. The price has popped up. There were no others up at the moment.

A friend of mine bought some stereo stage plates from this guy and was satisfied.
I bought one of the 2nd versions ($29.99) from this seller, to supplement an old Leitz stage micrometer, and I was very impressed with its quality, and with the speed of its delivery. Because of the length of the scale, it can be used for low magnifications as well as higher ones.

salden

Post by salden »

Thanks for the suggestions. I will see what I can do here and I am also going into work today and will check with the lab to see if they have one I can "borrow". It does not have to be certified.
Sue Alden

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic