www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Rainbow eyes - small fly
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rainbow eyes - small fly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lauriek
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Rainbow eyes - small fly Reply with quote

This is a small fly (~4mm long, head certainly <1mm wide) with lovely rainbow eyes. Not sure if this is a small one of the 'long legged' flies, and I doubt anyone can confirm from the portrait!

Stack of around 120 images with Nikon 10x objective on OM bellows at around 1/3 extension. Stacked in Tufuse with one sub-stack for the left antenna. The right antenna was at a very dodgy angle and I do not have it in focus at all..

Possibly due to the slight crop causing a squarish ratio on the image I had to use quite a bit of jpeg compression to squeeze this under 200kb. (Possibly also something to do with the colour/complexity of the eyes on this lady!)

Here's a 100% crop from the right eye:

MacroLuv

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks great! Very Happy
Seems that "Tufuse" is doing superb job.
Maybe some part of your setup is reflecting in certain pieces of compound eye? Think

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. Very Happy
P_T

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from the strangely "missing" antenna on the right, it's a great capture!!

MacroLuv is right though, I can definitely see the end of your lens reflecting off the 100% crop of the compound eye, perhaps even yourself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: