A source for bellows

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Gary W Brown

A source for bellows

Post by Gary W Brown »

Hello all,

I need help finding a source for the bellows. I have a Sony a100 and a Tamron 90mm macro lens as well as an assortment of Minolta lenses which may or may not be of any value for the macro photography. I am not too interested in ebay.

As always, thanks for all your knowledgeable assistance.

Gary

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

Gary,

You seem to assume that your 'macro' shots would require a bellows. You also propose to use the 90mm lens which many of us find excellent for close-ups down to moderate macro.

For the above range, I use the 90mm Tamron with a x2, matched, teleconverter for up to life size magnification and good working distance. Tamron make a matched tube too give life size (1:1) reproduction with that lens, which eliminates any losses from additional lens lements (teleconverters).

For higher magnifications you might consider a bellows lens, using it with additional extension tubes or a bellows.

Don't condemn eBay too readily. Over the last six years I have obtained, via eBay, some rare/highly desirable lenses and macro flash equipment, etc., without which my flexibility, especially in the macro range, would be somewhat curtailed.

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Gary W Brown

Post by Gary W Brown »

Thanks Harold,

From all the posting showing bellows and reversed lenses, etc., I did think that this was the direction. My Tamron works well and maybe all I need is more practice.

Gary

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic