Samsung silicon chip

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Macro_Cosmos

Samsung silicon chip

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Unknown origin and usage. Lots of nice detail. Mit 10x panorama.
These annoying stitching errors is really driving me nuts, but oh well still turned out nice.

Bob-O-Rama

Great colors!

Post by Bob-O-Rama »

Great colors. What do you use to do your stitching?

Macro_Cosmos

Re: Great colors!

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Bob-O-Rama wrote:Great colors. What do you use to do your stitching?
Adobe photoshop.
I did add a lot of saturation and some contrast, still like the flatness.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Samsung silicon chip

Post by rjlittlefield »

Nice image!
Macro_Cosmos wrote:These annoying stitching errors is really driving me nuts
I would use PTGui for this stitching job, because it allows manual editing of the "control points" that establish correspondence between tiles. Stitching errors are usually the result of some erroneous matches, so it's a huge help to be able to identify and correct or delete those.

One downside: a bit of creative misrepresentation is required to make PTGui do a flat stitch. The trick is to claim that your tiles were shot with a very long telephoto lens, so that even the whole pano covers only a tiny angle on the sphere.

--Rik

Macro_Cosmos

Re: Samsung silicon chip

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

rjlittlefield wrote:Nice image!
Macro_Cosmos wrote:These annoying stitching errors is really driving me nuts
I would use PTGui for this stitching job, because it allows manual editing of the "control points" that establish correspondence between tiles. Stitching errors are usually the result of some erroneous matches, so it's a huge help to be able to identify and correct or delete those.

One downside: a bit of creative misrepresentation is required to make PTGui do a flat stitch. The trick is to claim that your tiles were shot with a very long telephoto lens, so that even the whole pano covers only a tiny angle on the sphere.

--Rik
I've tried PTGui, while I do believe it's the professional's choice for large and complex panoramas, I simply find the entire process tiresome.

Thanks for the tips. I'll note them, they will become useful. Declaring the lens as a telephoto is a very smart trick!

I don't usually do panoramas due to the amount of time required. Most I can tolerate would be 16 for each stitch.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic