www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Disassembly of old Componons
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Disassembly of old Componons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JKT

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject: Disassembly of old Componons Reply with quote

I have a bit of problem with old Schneider-Kreuznach Componons. These are the black metal versions with chrome filter threads.

Two of them have a conical adapter I'd like to remove. On one I can loosen the little screw and rotate the adapter ... for about one full turn. Then it stops. It would seem necessary to remove the rear conical assembly in order to get the adapter off. Is that correct? If it is, is there any trick to it or is it just a question of enough torque?

So far I've only removed the optical assembly inside the rear assembly and haven't dared to use torque on the structural cone.

The other one is a bit tricky, but likely straight forward - the head of the little screw is gone, so it either rotates with it or some drilling is needed.

I could live with the cone (60x0.75(?) thread - anyone know what enlarger it is for?), but another one that is in transit has lensboard and the procedure for removing that is likely same.
JKT

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind - removed the easier cone successfully.

I'd still like to know where the 60mm thread was used?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: