www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Silicon, meet silica
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Silicon, meet silica

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatsy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:31 am    Post subject: Silicon, meet silica Reply with quote

A flat-lit "first draft" to see what it looks like (everything inside a ping-pong ball diffuser). A work in progress, local accent light being constructed now, but happy with this as first go (50x Mitty at 33x onto APS-C).

Dead easy and fast to construct on my latest setup too, just 30 mins! But that's a conversation for another thread. Later...

grgh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of an Alien Code message that we can not yet read.

I do find that the background distracts a little, the I go back to it and seems appropriate for the subjects.

What i am saying is nice shots, lighting could do with more work, overall i like it.
Zeiss PMII
Olympusman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject: Silica Reply with quote

Interesting image, Beatsy. Haven't seen you for a while. Isn't it interesting that we carbon-based life forms coexist with silica (glass) based life forms. What a planet.

Mike
abpho

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that look. The movie Metropolis comes to mind with those colours. Thank you.
Beatsy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

abpho wrote:
I love that look. The movie Metropolis comes to mind with those colours. Thank you.

Rumbled! Haha. A cityscape is the next iteration. A few chip tracks as streets, stacked up diatoms, radiolaria etc as "buildings" lining those streets, then a low angle, deep stack with a skylike background. Should look the biz. Different at least - and so gloriously, utterly pointless, it just MUST be done! Very Happy

But constructing tall stacks of centric diatoms is proving tricky (as expected). Main issue being securing the forms - but I'm on it. I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: