Olympus objectiv

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

peter-h

Olympus objectiv

Post by peter-h »

Hello,
who knows these objectives from olympus. I have the NCUVFL 10/0.4 160/0 and it is excellent for the incident fluorescence. I am looking for technical data on these lenses.I know that there are still 20x and 40x.
Peter

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Is 0.4 the NA? Nice for a 10x.
I cannot find any information on this objective lens or the 20x/40x, of course I'm excluding ebay listings.

There's a lot of common-looking objective lenses that are scarce when it comes to information unfortunately. Hope someone has a brochure or something to post.

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

I have no specific info on this objective but this is typical for epi fluorescence where high NA can be more important than other aspects like flatness of field not only for increased resolution but also to transmit and gather more light

NCUVFL likely means No Cover UltraViolet FLuorescence (or FLuorite)
Not surprising if it works well for fluorescence!
Pau

Alan Wood

Post by Alan Wood »

Peter

I have checked all of my PDF and paper BH-2 and LB objective brochures, and none of them include the NCUVFL objectives.

I have a Olympus BH2-RFL Reflected Light Fluorescence Attachment instruction manual that includes details of the UVFL objectives on page 17:
http://www.alanwood.net/downloads/olymp ... ctions.pdf

It includes a 10x NA 0.40, as well as 20x 0.65, dry 40x 0.85, oil 40x 1.30 and oil 100x 1.30.

The manual is dated December 1983, early in the BH-2 era.

Alan Wood

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic