Wild M3Z Type S and Kombistereo

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Rorschach

Wild M3Z Type S and Kombistereo

Post by Rorschach »

Hello,

I would need to swap a Wild M3Z optics body from a Type S carrier (the one that provides axial option for photography) to a Wild Kombistereo carrier (the one that switches between a normal stereo objective and a Leitz compound objective). However, I can't see any apparent way how to detach the optics body from the carrier. Has anyone done this or a swap between the basic M3 series carrier?

Scarodactyl

Re: Wild M3Z Type S and Kombistereo

Post by Scarodactyl »

They are bolted in from below iirc. Also, nice! I'm very curious about the kombistereo, not enough to get one but enough to wonder.

Rorschach

Re: Wild M3Z Type S and Kombistereo

Post by Rorschach »

Scarodactyl wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:28 am
They are bolted in from below iirc. Also, nice! I'm very curious about the kombistereo, not enough to get one but enough to wonder.
I couldn't find anything on the exterior, including below it, screws or anything. Therefore, I suspect that the attachment screws are inside the zoom body. However, I have never opened a M3-series zoom body shell so am a little hesitant.

Yes, the Kombistereo is an interesting concept for sure. When I get it working, I will want to try a few different compound objectives on it. Also different stereo objectives, although I remember reading somewhere that the thicker Planapos etc. won't fit because they would protrude on the "base structure" to which the compound objective attaches.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic