Sony A7R IV without focus bracketing?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

I really enjoy pixel-shifting, and I like that Sony lets us outsource the process of compositing the images, so it doesn't take up stacking time. I also really like being able to choose between 4-image pixel shifting (no increase in resolution but eliminating the Bayer matrix interpolation) and 8-16 image shifting. There are many situations where one or the other of those is preferable.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

When is the A7Rm4 going to be available? I'm patiently waiting for reports before considering purchasing one. Also, hopefully Sony has fixed the over-sharpening problem that made Imaging Edge useless on the A7Rm3.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

I checked on bhphotovideo.com and it says shipping will begin Thur Sep 12. I expect it will take a little while for reviews and testing to come in, so looks like this might be a Christmas present for me, assuming it does what is expected.

Edited to add: I see there are USB2.0, USB3.0, and USB type C connections. I hope that it's possible to use one of these for the Imaging Edge wired connection for Live View while another functions for wired shutter trigger. Any thoughts?

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Patience is a virtue here. You are right to wait until some reviews are in. I wish I had waited on the Panasonic S1R, but I couldn't, as I so rarely get to the US. The Panasonic has been deeply disappointing, though most of its problems could easily be fixed in a software update.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

I'd be using the A7Riii now if Sony hadn't screwed up the compositing algo. I understand there is a new version of Imaging Edge, and hopefully they fixed the problem. I need to check if it's available yet, but I expect it won't be until the camera ships.

Adalbert

Post by Adalbert »

Hello everybody,
Has anybody already bought this camera and had any experience with it?
BR, ADi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic