www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Using UV filter with bellows
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Using UV filter with bellows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonblade

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject: Using UV filter with bellows Reply with quote

Ive got a bellows with Canon FD mount from eBay which I haven't used yet. I also have a bunch of Canon FD lenses that I use with my Panasonic Micro 4/3 cameras with an M4/3 to Canon FD adapter. One worry I have is dust being blown on to the sensor from the bellows. I'm after some ideas on how I can use a UV filter or equivalent near the lens mount to prevent dust from passing through. I know there's a similar thread already on this very topic but my configuration is a little different in that I have an M4/3 to Canon FD adapter. Can't really think of a solution myself. I also have a Canon FD extension tube though I'm not sure if that would be helpful in inserting a UV filter.
dragonblade

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....don't suppose you can screw a filter directly on to an M42 screw lens mount? If so, one possible combination could be camera body – M4/3 to M42 adapter – filter – M42 to Canon FD adapter – bellows – Canon FD lens. Though I'm not keen on buying so many lens adapters as good quality ones tend to be fairly pricey.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: