Nikon Microphot. DIC Sénarmont

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: ChrisR, Chris S., Pau, rjlittlefield

rjlittlefield
Site Admin
Posts: 20766
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Richland, Washington State, USA
Contact:

Post by rjlittlefield »

The images in your last set are unnecessarily small also.

Did you notice this earlier reply?
Cactusdave wrote: As far as image size is concerned you can post much larger photos on the forum than your two samples.
First, make sure that your image dimensions are 1024 pixels or smaller, on both axes, AND that the image file length is 300 KB or smaller. Use your favorite photo editor to resize the image and set the JPEG compression quality as needed to meet those two rules.
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... hp?p=10#10
--Rik

JohnyM
Posts: 463
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:02 am

Post by JohnyM »

Im pretty sure it's modified, but cannot tell from your photos. You have a sticker on it or your condenser?

fpelectronica
Posts: 1808
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:56 pm
Location: España

Post by fpelectronica »

rjlittlefield wrote:The images in your last set are unnecessarily small also.

Did you notice this earlier reply?
Cactusdave wrote: As far as image size is concerned you can post much larger photos on the forum than your two samples.
First, make sure that your image dimensions are 1024 pixels or smaller, on both axes, AND that the image file length is 300 KB or smaller. Use your favorite photo editor to resize the image and set the JPEG compression quality as needed to meet those two rules.
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... hp?p=10#10
--Rik
Thank you.
I am very bad at handling Photoshop. I will try to correct it

fpelectronica
Posts: 1808
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:56 pm
Location: España

Post by fpelectronica »

JohnyM wrote:Im pretty sure it's modified, but cannot tell from your photos. You have a sticker on it or your condenser?
Yes, the condenser indicates: "ATTENTION This turret is used with modified FXA EPI FL3"

JohnyM
Posts: 463
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:02 am

Post by JohnyM »

Yes, this is nice version then. It's lacking 1,25x lens in the tube. Only finite Nikon with DIC and fluorescence without empty magnification. There is phase annuli storage under the condenser, in case you've missed it. I've found after years that i have full phase and df stop set there. You have dry or oil top lens? Dry is pretty much pointless if you have no auxiliary lens which slids under polarizer, Oil lens will cover 10x + lenses only. There is tint plate slot over the polarizer.
Eaziest way to get color is to slightly decenter condenser prism and regulare color and saturation by polarizer and top prism. Care not to obscure your lens aperture.

fpelectronica
Posts: 1808
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:56 pm
Location: España

Post by fpelectronica »

JohnyM wrote:Yes, this is nice version then. It's lacking 1,25x lens in the tube. Only finite Nikon with DIC and fluorescence without empty magnification. There is phase annuli storage under the condenser, in case you've missed it. I've found after years that i have full phase and df stop set there. You have dry or oil top lens? Dry is pretty much pointless if you have no auxiliary lens which slids under polarizer, Oil lens will cover 10x + lenses only. There is tint plate slot over the polarizer.
Eaziest way to get color is to slightly decenter condenser prism and regulare color and saturation by polarizer and top prism. Care not to obscure your lens aperture.
Thanks for the interesting information.
The microscope has a lever for 1.25X.
The condenser has the phase rings PH2 - PH3 - Ph4 installed.
The condenser lens is 1.4
regards

JohnyM
Posts: 463
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:02 am

Post by JohnyM »

So you have only 2 DIC prisms?

fpelectronica
Posts: 1808
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:56 pm
Location: España

Post by fpelectronica »

Yes, only two prisms in condenser. One indicates "DIC 0.5 - 1". The other "DIC 1 - 1.4"

Ichthyophthirius
Posts: 1023
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:24 am

Post by Ichthyophthirius »

Hi Francisco,

I see you have the first generation CF Plan Apo 20/0.65?

This might not be the best 20 objective for this DIC system. My example of this objective has quite high strain and performs not well in DIC.

The best objectives for my Optiphot 2 DIC system are the CFN Plan 20/0.50 DIC and CFN Plan Fluor 20/0.50. The CFN Plan Apo 20/0.70 is not good either.

What does the writing on the slider for the 20 say? There could possibly be an improvement by switching from CF to CFN depending on what our de Sénarmont system was designed for (I don't have it so I can't say for sure).

Regards, Ichty

fpelectronica
Posts: 1808
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:56 pm
Location: España

Post by fpelectronica »

Ichthyophthirius wrote:Hi Francisco,

I see you have the first generation CF Plan Apo 20/0.65?

This might not be the best 20 objective for this DIC system. My example of this objective has quite high strain and performs not well in DIC.

The best objectives for my Optiphot 2 DIC system are the CFN Plan 20/0.50 DIC and CFN Plan Fluor 20/0.50. The CFN Plan Apo 20/0.70 is not good either.

What does the writing on the slider for the 20 say? There could possibly be an improvement by switching from CF to CFN depending on what our de Sénarmont system was designed for (I don't have it so I can't say for sure).

Regards, Ichty
Thanks for the info.
The sliders are: Plan 20 - Plan 40 and Plan Apo 60 oil.
regards

JohnyM
Posts: 463
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:02 am

Post by JohnyM »

I agree. Im using PlanFluors with Plan sliders (10x, 20x) and Plan Fluor 40x dry and Oil with dedicated sliders. On CFN Apo's DIC is quite uneven.
There are only sliders for PlanApos oil (60x and 100x) which work very well.
There could possibly be an improvement by switching from CF to CFN depending on what our de Sénarmont system was designed for
This system is last Nikon finite product, before transition to infinity system. Released along CFN Plan Fluor objectives. There were sliders available for some exotic lenses like PA60xWI, PF40xOil (got it), PF40x dry (got it).

Post Reply