Your help is required please.

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Mo Vaughan

Your help is required please.

Post by Mo Vaughan »

:smt100
I have just downloaded the following items to help me learn how to carry out stacking and to adjust the whole look of some of my photos.
RegiStax V.4.0.
Combine ZM
Helicon Filter 4.81
Helicon Focus 4.21

These seem just what I need, the only problem being 'I don't have a clue about photography'.
I have printed all the relevent help notices, but there is nowhere for a complete beginner to learn from.
Is there anyone willing to help me out by sending a complete beginners guide for any of the above programmes?
I have been trying all of them and have become fed up as at times I lose my picture or it completely changes form.
I know its a matter of practice, but its what to practice is what I need to know.
In antisipation of help, Thank you.
Mo. ](*,) :smt026 :smt100
Thebeeman

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

http://photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2950

This thread, notably Rik's lengthy post, may be helpful. I did get Combine ZM to work decently. I haven't a clue about the other programs you mention. Rik is the guy you want to talk to here! :-)
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

puzzledpaul

Post by puzzledpaul »

Mo - there's also a focus stacking tut here which uses CombineZ - dunno if it'll help, but at least it's been written by a fellow Brit (BrianV) - so you'll not have to put up with any weird spellings :)

pp

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=50752

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Mo,

The bad news is, I do not know of a click-by-click tutorial for any of these programs (and I don't have time to write one now).

The closest, for CombineZM, might be the posting that Mike B already pointed you to.

In Helicon Focus Help, if you click on Files tab, you will find a description of "General Workflow". It's pretty much "shoot images, transfer images to computer, launch Helicon Focus, load images into Helicon focus, press Run".

Be aware that Helicon Focus recently reworked their user interface. Although it does pretty much what it used to, it looks different. This may be an issue if you find Helicon Focus tutorials online, referring to an earlier version.

RegiStax, I am not familiar with.

Helicon Filter has nothing to do with stacking. It is more for noise reduction.

Sorry for the brevity...25 other people clamoring for attention...

--Rik

microcollector

Post by microcollector »

Mo,

There is a Yahoo Groups forum on Combine Z established by the developer.

Doug
micro minerals - the the unseen beauty of the mineral kingdom
Canon T5i with Canon 70 - 200 mm f4L zoom as tube lens set at 200mm, StacK Shot rail, and Mitutoyo 5X or 10X M plan apo objectives.

My Mindat Mineral Photos
http://www.mindat.org/user-362.html#2

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic