Isn't he the cutist little thing - redone

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick a favorite macro or close-up image from one of the "Macro and Close-up" galleries to be featured on the front page of the www.photomacrography.net website.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

There is just no accounting for what people will do now days!!
Speaking of which...
DaveW wrote:Can anybody explain this. One firm is quoting £32 for a Photoshop CS3 disk:-

http://www.exisoftware.co.uk/adobe-phot ... Egod4RrKYg

Whereas another quotes £464 for the boxed version:-

http://www.ecostsoftware.com/uk/shop/pc ... p?pid=3238
See http://nz.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 002AAafgDa
I've just been on there website, http://www.exisoftware.co.uk, and there are selling software such as MS 2007 professional for as little as £31.99.

Would you recomment buying from them?
-----------------
Frankly, no. They claim to have been around since May 2007, but they only registered their domain name a fortnight ago. If you really want a dodgy download and a fake key, you might as well admit you are a pirate and get it from bittorrent for free.
WHOIS information for: exisoftware.co.uk:
[whois.nic.uk]

Domain name:
exisoftware.co.uk

Registrant:
Khuram Shazad

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.
--Rik

puzzledpaul

Post by puzzledpaul »

<< Not really. 72dpi is the standard for web publishing and if someone "borrows" your image, the print out will not be that great. >>

Sorry, but I don't see this, as it's surely the pixel dimensions that are the important ones in this context.

If I upload any image - say one re-sized for this site from my 10D ... 800 x 533pixels ... it will display to the same size on any given monitor, irrespective of the file's resolution - assuming the images are being viewed full size, that is.

(There'll be differences between monitors because of dot pitch variations - but that's another matter.)

As regards the pic being of 'not worth nicking' quality - because it's 72 dpi - then again it's surely dependant on pixel size - because if I upload a full 2k x 3k 10D image ... at 72 dpi (or any other res, come to that) it'll display on the net at the original size - and be ripe for being 'borrowed'. (well, yours might be - no-one'd want mine ... )

Or am I up a gum tree :)

pp

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

A friend had redone this photo and framed it for me. I think this is perfection!!
Joan Young

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

That's certainly sharp now Joan! Was it sharpened as the final step before saving for the web?

DaveW

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

I am not sure how he did it Dave as he e-mailed it to me, but it certainly does look good. Thanks for commenting. :)
Joan Young

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

It is the greatest honour of my life to have this picture chosen to grace the front page of Photomacrography Macro and Close-up Section. I would like to thank everyone who made this possible. :)
To everyone on the forum, I hope you have a wonderful 2008. :D
Joan Young

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Dave asked:
That's certainly sharp now Joan! Was it sharpened as the final step before saving for the web?
Sharpening was done before adding the drop shadow and copyright and was a "Save as" (jpeg) from tiff.

Joan replied:
It is the greatest honour of my life to have this picture chosen to grace the front page of Photomacrography Macro and Close-up Section. I would like to thank everyone who made this possible.
To everyone on the forum, I hope you have a wonderful 2008.
I have to say that it really looks grand on the front page there Joan, you did an equally as grand a job in photographing the gecko. Congrats! :D

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

Thanks Ken.
Joan Young

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

I wondered where my fly on the front page went Joan. Your Gecko has just eaten it! :shock:

DaveW :(

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

:lol: :lol: That is very funny Dave. Sorry I did not train him to behave better than that!!
Joan Young

into.the.airwaves

Post by into.the.airwaves »

Aww. It's a cute little bugger. :]
Once I get enough money to buy all of the supplies,
I'm going to be getting one of these little guys! :D

Nice photo too, I love how the details show.
Proud to be Doug Breda's daughter :D.
BriAna Breda
Using My Canon PowerShot S31S with Canon LA-DC58E Conversion Lens Adapter

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

Thanks BriAna they are lovely creatures, but beware, they tend to sleep during the day and become active at night!! :D
Joan Young

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic