A few technical questions

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Hairyduck

A few technical questions

Post by Hairyduck »

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone out there can help me with my new scope as I don't have any instructions or anything and it's a tad more complicated than my ancient chinese monocular I had before.

Here's a pic of the beast (excuse the mess!):

Now 1st question... It has phase contrast on it, but I can't seem to be able to view the rings in order to align them? It has a Bertrand (sp?) lens fitted with a phase setting and focus adjustment, but I can't see anything that resembles the rings in there, I just get a very out of focus light? I'm thinking that it may be because the epi flourescence attachment underneath it has increased the focal length of the Bertrand lens and it now can't focus on the back of the objective any more?

You may also note that the scope is misisng most of the stage! Luckily I've just won another one on ebay so it should stop me having to rest my slides on packets of raisins to raise it up high enough to get it in focus!

2nd and final question for now is: should I clean the optics in the flourescence adaptor? Especially the dichroic mirror which seems to have accumulated some dust on it, if so, do I need to use any special method to clean it?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic