It's raining CFI60 10X objectives

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Craig Gerard

It's raining CFI60 10X objectives

Post by Craig Gerard »

It's raining Nikon CFI60 10X 0.25 WD 10.5 infinity-corrected objectives.

http://shop.ebay.com/automationseconds/m.html?_fln=1

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

SONYNUT

Post by SONYNUT »

made in china?
Just shoot it......

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Yes, made in China. That's where my unit was made. The quality is excellent. As is the last digital caliper I bought...whose U.S. patent is on the fundamental sensing technology, issued to a mainland Chinese national, in the name of a mainland Chinese company. The fastest supercomputer in the world is currently Chinese, using interconnection chips designed in China. Welcome to the new world! :)

--Rik

SONYNUT

Post by SONYNUT »

So much for being a Japanese company.. :roll:

not like anything is made here anymore..they have sold out our high tech advantage to the world...

years ago dewalt tools was claiming in big words and advertisement...made in usa....I open up my new router...made in china in the casting......they got an earfull...I got free tools... :lol:
Just shoot it......

realjax

Post by realjax »

Unbelievable.. somebody already bought one for 100 dollar (excluding 40 for shipping). Those things went for less then 25 not so long ago. :)
Jacco

SONYNUT

Post by SONYNUT »

says $5.45 shipping here in usa
Just shoot it......

realjax

Post by realjax »

ah, but the US shipping companies tend to rip off their customers for shipping to Europe. 40 Dollars can even be called 'reasonable' these days for an item that fits through my mailbox.
Jacco

SONYNUT

Post by SONYNUT »

it cost a lot to ship to Europe...mostly because Europe charges the USPS more....

on the other hand USPS ends up delivering stuff from china practically for free...

it's all politics,trade agreements...
Just shoot it......

realjax

Post by realjax »

yep, that's why I'd sooner order from China then the US these days, the Chinese play it smart. But let's not turn this thread into another 'ridiculous shipping cost' one. There's more then enough of them ;)
Jacco

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

When I bought mine it was $15 because it had some wrenchmarks on the barrel. The nice ones were about $40 so I thought I'd try the cheapie and maybe get a posh one later. Luckily the optics are fine, but I think I'd have to wait a while to get one for $40 now!

On shipping, I've noticed that US vendors are being more strict about what they write on the customs form, in the last year or so, whereas far-eastern guys will send you a camera body marked as a $20 gift.
For anything coming to the UK from the US there's 20% tax and a £13 ($20) inspection fee. So $70 becomes $104, which makes a chap cross.
:evil: :evil:
Last edited by ChrisR on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

SONYNUT

Post by SONYNUT »

they get a bulk discount........
Just shoot it......

eurythyrea

Post by eurythyrea »

SONYNUT wrote:made in china?
I tried a version "Made in China" and a version "Japan". Haven't seen any difference between the results. Anyway I am not sure the "Japan" labelled was made in Japan, more it was made in China as well and belongs to an other series.

ChrisLilley

Post by ChrisLilley »

SONYNUT wrote:it cost a lot to ship to Europe...mostly because Europe charges the USPS more....
No, it varies quite a bit according to who is selling. I have had reasonable postage charges from US to France from a number of US-based vendors. I have also seen postal charges quoted that vary from somewhat inflated to wildly fanciful.

ChrisLilley

Post by ChrisLilley »

eurythyrea wrote: I tried a version "Made in China" and a version "Japan". Haven't seen any difference between the results. Anyway I am not sure the "Japan" labelled was made in Japan, more it was made in China as well and belongs to an other series.
Thanks. A bit of actual comparative testing is worth more than a lot of "everything made in country X is poor/is excellent".

ChrisLilley

Re: It's raining CFI60 10X objectives

Post by ChrisLilley »

Craig Gerard wrote:It's raining Nikon CFI60 10X 0.25 WD 10.5 infinity-corrected objectives.

http://shop.ebay.com/automationseconds/m.html?_fln=1
All gone.
I got mine from that seller earlier. Seems to have a stock of them but sells a few at a time (same for the other items).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic