www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Valve Gear
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Valve Gear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyclops

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Valve Gear Reply with quote

well I think thats what it is! Part of the front of a steam train!
Panasonic FZ7-I had it in B/W mode for a good reason. Because light levels were very low i had to use a higher ISO, and if I did that with colour using this camera the noise is horrendous. In B/W though it doesnt look bad at all!

Jbailey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the type of item I used to photograph in B&W in the past. Of course it was on film and most often using medium-format cameras. Eventually, I got tired of mixing chemicals, washing and drying prints and cleaning up the mess afterwards.

The subject looks like some sort of valve with a setting locking fan.

In any case you got good rendition.

From what I've seen on Public TV, GB has a lot of railroad museums and restored steam trains.

Jim
Cyclops

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jim. I discovered its an electrical control device on an electric diesel train,not a steamer! And yes we have quite a few preserved steam trains and the Flying Scotsman,built in 1923,is undergoing renovation and hopefully will be back on track next year. Also we have a brand new steam train,totally new and built from scratch here in my home town called The Tornado.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: