www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Laputa: Castle in the Sky
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Laputa: Castle in the Sky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
augusthouse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Laputa: Castle in the Sky Reply with quote

Well, Papilio peranthus transiens actually; but I had been watching a clip from Laputa: Castle in the Sky and the isolated butterfly scale in the center of shot seemed to catch my eye.

This was an exploration of exposure and lighting...not a focus stack ( the 'stacking software' output still has me beaten). I must not be feeding it what it likes...

Papilio peranthus transiens: Nikon M Plan ELWD 20/0.4 / 210/0 20x @ 23.7x15.5mm (D100)

Craig

Last edited by augusthouse on Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
dmillard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice - I was working on Papilio paris gedensis today using the same lens! (hopefully have some images up tomorrow)
augusthouse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks David,

I'm still working on the stacking software output. Just attempting to become familiar with the various parameters, what the programs like to be fed (my input) and pre-stack PP and post-stack PP.

That's where I'm at with it all at the moment. I expect to be here for some time; but it's a pleasant learning curve.

I like to use the illumination to create some 'drama'.

This would be a good subject for a stack and stitch. The smaller images above are not part of a stack sequence, just lighting explorations.

.......................................................................................................

However.....Just out of curiosity I took the six images above and combined them into a stack in PhotoAcute Studio.

Craig
P_T

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the backlighting, it really does make it look more dramatic, like earth about to open and lava come out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: