quatre objet d'kitchen

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Cyclops

quatre objet d'kitchen

Post by Cyclops »

:wink:

I need to get out more but well, its non stop rain here. Luckily theres plenty in the house to photograph.

Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

augusthouse

Post by augusthouse »

Larry,
I like this series especially the B&W approach.

You took quite a few images on that rainy weekend and I had a close look at all of them; just like you are having a close look at us in the reflection in one of the spoons. I pictured you hunting out potential subjects within the house and thought - that was a constructive way to spend a rainy day.

This series reminds me of a book I am currently reading. "Photomacrography: Art an Techniques" by Jean Papert. I think you would enjoy her book. The ISBN is 0-8174-0536-4. It was published in 1971. I purchased my copy on eBay for a very low price. It's not just a book of photographs, she really covers the subject well in her own unique way.

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Thanks Craig,I'll look out for that book. I like to take ordinary objects and go in close,revealing them in a new light. The things we all take for granted can be exquisite when really looked at. Ever heard of Karl Blossfeldt? He was a 19th century photographer,possibly the first macro photographer,a great influence.
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

augusthouse

Post by augusthouse »

Larry wrote:
The things we all take for granted can be exquisite when really looked at.
That's exactly what Jean talks about and demonstrates. You would really enjoy her book.

I'm doing a Google search for Karl Blossfeldt now. Found some info on Wikipedia. Thanks for that. I will enjoy reading about him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Blossfeldt

Craig

augusthouse

Post by augusthouse »

Larry,
I just finished reading the Karl Blossfeldt Wikipedia Link. That is very interesting material and I intend to read more tommorrow and research his work further over the weekend. Again, thanks for introducing me to his work. I'm fascinated.

Craig

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

I like those, the monochrome look works well with these subjects... I think 1 & 3 are my favourites!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic