Rather fed up with my microscope!

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Cyclops

Rather fed up with my microscope!

Post by Cyclops »

I think i mentioned that the iris on my condenser was sticking. Well i took it out to look at it but the retaining screw doesn't hold it in anymore. It seems the screw was simply glued in place when it was made as 1 there's no thread in the screw hole and 2 the screw diameter is way smaller than that of the hole. Try and put the screw back in and it just jiggles about in a gaping hole. I tried re threading the hole with a fatter screw but it just goes round and round. So now if i move the scope the condenser falls out! Cheaply made garbage!
Now dear Gary on here kindly sent me a lamp to fit where the mirror normally sits,but it won't fit. He's gone to so much trouble too and now i feel a heel. I'll just have to use the scope as a lo power solid object scope,which suits me really but well i feel a bit deflated. Need to win the lottery and buy a new scope and then fly over to the states and take Gary out for a drink!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Gary W Brown

Post by Gary W Brown »

Don't despair my friend, I'll send you a microscope that fits the illuminator.
I'll do about anything if there is a chance of a frothy brew at the end of the day. Gary
A pixel is worth a thousand words but it takes a thousand words to explain a pixel.

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Gary W Brown wrote:Don't despair my friend, I'll send you a microscope that fits the illuminator.
I'll do about anything if there is a chance of a frothy brew at the end of the day. Gary
Crikey you can't be serious! Surely that would cost almost as much to mail as it would to buy! I feel I've put you through enough already!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Gary W Brown

Post by Gary W Brown »

What's a "crikey"? I'll ask the post office how much to ship a microscope.
Gary
A pixel is worth a thousand words but it takes a thousand words to explain a pixel.

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Gary W Brown wrote:What's a "crikey"? I'll ask the post office how much to ship a microscope.
Gary
A crikey,err well its like when you guys say 'Oh Man' (or worse!) when you run out of gas.
You're serious about the scope aren't you?

Gary W Brown

Post by Gary W Brown »

Of course, I can't think of anyone I'd rather see up and running...how big is the beer? Gary

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Gary W Brown wrote:Of course, I can't think of anyone I'd rather see up and running...how big is the beer? Gary
Ever tried the yard of ale test? ;)

Gary W Brown

Post by Gary W Brown »

Not since college :cry: Gary

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Gary W Brown wrote:Not since college :cry: Gary
Did you manage it? I would explode,not a big drinker of beer.

Gary W Brown

Post by Gary W Brown »

Of course, or so the story grows! But remember, that's been a long time ago and all witnesses to the contrary have mysteriously vanished into the haze of time. Gary

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Well its time for me to hit the sack,early mornings don't agree with me, am knackered! Thanks for all your help and patience and I'll catch up with you maybe tomorrow.

Graham Stabler

Post by Graham Stabler »

And in the same spirit of good will I'd be happy to repair what you do have. I'm from the NE of England but currently in the SW, but closer than US.

Graham

Gary W Brown

Post by Gary W Brown »

That's a nice offer Graham. Gary

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Graham Stabler wrote:And in the same spirit of good will I'd be happy to repair what you do have. I'm from the NE of England but currently in the SW, but closer than US.

Graham
Wow Graham thats a kind offer. Not sure its repairable tho

Graham Stabler

Post by Graham Stabler »

To quote robocop: "we can rebuild him" :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic