JML Optical 100mm f2 bellows lens

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ray_parkhurst

JML Optical 100mm f2 bellows lens

Post by ray_parkhurst »

I see that several of these sold over last couple months. Did anyone on the forum buy one? I'm curious about performance given its large aperture.

edited to add: same question about the 56mm f1.9 lenses

further edit: here is a link to the last one that sold:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-JML-Opti ... 3062598228

ray_parkhurst

Re: JML Optical 100mm f2 bellows lens

Post by ray_parkhurst »

I was hoping someone on the forum had purchased one of these so we could get some info on performance, but alas it seems they went to others. It does look interesting. Something else to watch for I guess.

physicsmajor

Post by physicsmajor »

If another appears in a Nikon mount like that one you linked, I'd take a shot at it.

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

ray_parkhurst wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:05 pm
I see that several of these sold over last couple months. Did anyone on the forum buy one? I'm curious about performance given its large aperture.

edited to add: same question about the 56mm f1.9 lenses

further edit: here is a link to the last one that sold:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-JML-Opti ... 3062598228
Lens looks interesting Ray.

Looks suspiciously like relay or X-Ray type lens though.

Quick note
FYI, I have had good and bad results with that seller, NatCam Exchange. The last time, in Nov. they sent a lens marked "EX" and it was barely "AVG" quality in reality with a nick in the center of the rear element. Worse I included a note for the shipper to make sure the lens was packaged carefully and they sent two lens components loose in a plastic box, with nothing preventing contact between them!

The worst yet? The lens was soft.

They gave me a refund when I returned the item and about a week later, I saw the lens, a Makro-Symmar, on eBay.

I would not recommend NatCamExch as a seller.

Best,

Robert

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

RobertOToole wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:46 pm
Lens looks interesting Ray.

Looks suspiciously like relay or X-Ray type lens though.

Quick note
FYI, I have had good and bad results with that seller, NatCam Exchange. The last time, in Nov. they sent a lens marked "EX" and it was barely "AVG" quality in reality with a nick in the center of the rear element. Worse I included a note for the shipper to make sure the lens was packaged carefully and they sent two lens components loose in a plastic box, with nothing preventing contact between them!

The worst yet? The lens was soft.

They gave me a refund when I returned the item and about a week later, I saw the lens, a Makro-Symmar, on eBay.

I would not recommend NatCamExch as a seller.

Best,

Robert
Good info Robert. I have no experience with seller. Would be a shame to get a new lens badly packaged and damaged in shipment. I do see others who have sold these in the past, so there are several around. Also saw the odd color coating on front of lens. There is no info on this being a laser lens but I have other lenses with that type of coating which are BX lenses, so you may be right it's XRay or laser type.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

There is a good thread over on MFLenses re this lens. User found lens very soft and high CA. Seems it is indeed optimized for non-vis.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic