Sony A7R with microscope lens

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

clarnibass

Re: Sony A7R with microscope lens

Post by clarnibass »

Thanks again everyone. Just an update.

I did get the WeMacro setup. It's very good and everything seems well made and fits excellent (to nitpick... the ITL200 adapter is a little tight in the covered tubes because of a small overlap in the cover, can cut it, or use a non-covered tube for that area).

I haven't bought a Sony yet. For its price, the A7R IV had some annoying issues (e.g. the menu, compared with the new camera they just released) but mainly the file size is just huge. Also turns out the III has a better sensor for just about anything I do other than low ISO macro, with a better file size for now. Found a used III I might get. The lower price makes living with those issues (the menu, slightly worse tracking, etc.) easier, and less of an issue if they ever come out with something better and I decide to replace it.
Got the adapter for both Nikon and Sony so it will work with whatever I go with.

billben74

Post by billben74 »

Apologies but could someone confirm that a7R 2 also has electronic first shutter ?

(Nealy but not entirely clear) from
Macro_Cosmos wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:57 am
For 5x it should be fine, but at higher mag, the a7r's shutter shock issues might render images blurred.

The A7R3 A7R4 have no problem with shutter shock since they offer electronic shutter.

Yeah I understand, I was specifically referring to the a7R.

enricosavazzi

Post by enricosavazzi »

billben74 wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:12 am
Apologies but could someone confirm that a7R 2 also has electronic first shutter ?
[...]
The A7RII has both electronic first curtain and fully electronic shutter (which are two separate settings in the menu). Verified it just now on my A7RII.
--ES

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic