Diatom arrangement at 20x

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Macro_Cosmos

Diatom arrangement at 20x

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

20x objective arrived! The arrangement now perfectly covered full frame. Nice square image.

Full resolution here: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/501 ... 6407_o.jpg
There's spots, those are in the slide so I can't really do much about it. Photoshop will take lots of work and make everything look odd, so I'll just leave them there.

Abused the saturation slider. At 20x, there's little interference colours.
Very colourful at 10x:

Dmap and Pmax produces drastically different looking results. This one is Pmax. The Dmap stack featured many errors and there's halos. I'll fiddle around with the settings some more.

Sumguy01

Re: Diatom arrangement at 20x

Post by Sumguy01 »

:smt041 Excellent photos.
Thanks for sharing.

Beatsy

Post by Beatsy »

Lovely shots and arrangements! It is frustrating to lose diffraction colours at higher N.A. I experimented with taking hi-res and low-res images of the same FoV, then use the lo-res one to provide "hue" and the hires for "luminance" (changing layer blend type in HSL mode instead of RGB). There can be slight distortions and differences between the shots that stop some of the finer features lining up on super close inspection, but overall it works quite well. I only tried a couple of times though and then moved on.

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Beatsy wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:08 pm
Lovely shots and arrangements! It is frustrating to lose diffraction colours at higher N.A. I experimented with taking hi-res and low-res images of the same FoV, then use the lo-res one to provide "hue" and the hires for "luminance" (changing layer blend type in HSL mode instead of RGB). There can be slight distortions and differences between the shots that stop some of the finer features lining up on super close inspection, but overall it works quite well. I only tried a couple of times though and then moved on.
That's a pretty neat idea, I'll give that a go.
I don't have those Plan N achromats anymore, I'm gonna buy myself a set because they are pretty useful at times. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic