Polyvar Dic system questions.

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

sebba28

Polyvar Dic system questions.

Post by sebba28 »

Is this a complete dic system for Polyvar microscope?

sebba28

Post by sebba28 »

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

What model of Polyvar microscope are we talking about? You can also try this site.

http://www.microbehunter.com/microscopy ... 4&start=30

-JW:

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Lacking any experience with Polyvar I can't respond your question, although after seeing no one with experience answering I can try to let you some general directions
Do you have such equipment and the microscope to perform some tests? If so, let me know and I I can try to explain how to test it.

- The three colored filter cubes in the slider and the B1 and G1 cubes are for epifluorescence, not DIC equipment.
Pau

sebba28

Post by sebba28 »

I do not have it but I am thinking of buying one.

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Most Polyvars out there are for reflected light and the DIC (IK) equipment is different.
This is how looks one for transmitted DIC:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reichert-Resea ... SwqnVcH-6m
Unfortunately the listing pictures doesn't show much detail
Pau

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

I have a nice Polyvar MET that I've been slowly cleaning up and still working on it, so it is a work in progress. I have disassembled the MET and cleaned the internals. The aftermarket Semprex stage needed a small gear and a couple other small items that were damaged while in transit. I have spoken with the Semprex stage manufacture too and I think I have those issues addressed but not fixed yet. The biggest problem I personally have is modifying it to accept a DSLR camera. My MET does have the side camera port (not shown in the pic below) but I don't want to go through all the prisms. An adapter is in the works but you need to be aware of that IF purchasing one without a top port. The scope is extremely well built and super heavy, probably at least 185 pounds. I have a friend local to me that's been helping out, maybe he will chime in, dunno. He has a complete Polyvar SC, beautiful scope but hard to find complete and in working order. Plus electronics could be an issue with some models like the SC. Finding parts can be an issue too and pricey, depending on what model you are interested in.

-JW:

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

Pau wrote:Most Polyvars out there are for reflected light and the DIC (IK) equipment is different.
Agreed and there are different configurations for the Polyvar MET too and most I've seen for sale are reflected light (epi-illumination etc.).

-JW:

sebba28

Post by sebba28 »

The one I want to get is this one.

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

It clearly seems a biological version.
Pau

sebba28

Post by sebba28 »

Yes, you are right Pau,it's a biological one.
Now I know what the parts are.

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

That is one sexy microscope! I believe it's Austrian, and Leica bought the company later?

Would love to see it completely restored for photomicrography!

chuong nguyen

Post by chuong nguyen »

Smokedaddy wrote:I have a nice Polyvar MET that I've been slowly cleaning up and still working on it, so it is a work in progress. I have disassembled the MET and cleaned the internals. The aftermarket Semprex stage needed a small gear and a couple other small items that were damaged while in transit. I have spoken with the Semprex stage manufacture too and I think I have those issues addressed but not fixed yet. The biggest problem I personally have is modifying it to accept a DSLR camera. My MET does have the side camera port (not shown in the pic below) but I don't want to go through all the prisms. An adapter is in the works but you need to be aware of that IF purchasing one without a top port. The scope is extremely well built and super heavy, probably at least 185 pounds. I have a friend local to me that's been helping out, maybe he will chime in, dunno. He has a complete Polyvar SC, beautiful scope but hard to find complete and in working order. Plus electronics could be an issue with some models like the SC. Finding parts can be an issue too and pricey, depending on what model you are interested in.

-JW:
This is a very detailed explanation of the components of the Polyvar in italien.
http://funsci.addr.com/fun3_it/sini/st/schede_61-65.pdf

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

Chuong,

Thanks for the link. I actually have that already. Very helpful too. I've translated many sections of it.

Regards,
-JW:

Rorschach

Re:

Post by Rorschach »

chuong nguyen wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 1:26 pm
Smokedaddy wrote:I have a nice Polyvar MET that I've been slowly cleaning up and still working on it, so it is a work in progress. I have disassembled the MET and cleaned the internals. The aftermarket Semprex stage needed a small gear and a couple other small items that were damaged while in transit. I have spoken with the Semprex stage manufacture too and I think I have those issues addressed but not fixed yet. The biggest problem I personally have is modifying it to accept a DSLR camera. My MET does have the side camera port (not shown in the pic below) but I don't want to go through all the prisms. An adapter is in the works but you need to be aware of that IF purchasing one without a top port. The scope is extremely well built and super heavy, probably at least 185 pounds. I have a friend local to me that's been helping out, maybe he will chime in, dunno. He has a complete Polyvar SC, beautiful scope but hard to find complete and in working order. Plus electronics could be an issue with some models like the SC. Finding parts can be an issue too and pricey, depending on what model you are interested in.

-JW:
This is a very detailed explanation of the components of the Polyvar in italien.
http://funsci.addr.com/fun3_it/sini/st/schede_61-65.pdf
The link is dead. Did anyone save the pdf that it points to?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic