StackShot vs MJKZZ Qool

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Quatz

StackShot vs MJKZZ Qool

Post by Quatz »

I am considering purchasing an (automatic) macro rail. I have two rails on my list.
- Stackshot macro rail
- MJKZZ Qool 250
Over both I read good messages.
As stacking software I use Zerene on my iMac. I want to use the rails horizontally as well as mounted on my tripod
So I am looking at the differences between these two rails.
The Stackshot is readily available (in the Netherlands) and can work together with the Zerene software. I have read that the Stackshot is easier to use than the Qool. However, I cannot find out where that difference is.
I have to order the Qool rail via Germany, it cannot be connected to my iMac via USB, does not work together with Zerene, but it is significantly cheaper.
Although I don't want to pay a top prize, I find ease of use important.
Any advice / comment on this?

JKT

Post by JKT »

I suppose it depends on how much you intend to use it. For occasional use it would be easier to put up with non-trivial workflow, but for regular use I'd take easier workflow if I could afford it.

Quatz

Post by Quatz »

Yes agree, and how much easier would it be?

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Another option worth considering that works with the iMac & PC like the Stackshot, and also Smartphones, is the Wemacro Rail, probably one of the better overall values in focus stacking rails available.

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

Quatz

Post by Quatz »

I have seen the Wemacro but it is not directly available in the Netherlands

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic