www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Unwanted movement when focussing
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Unwanted movement when focussing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyclops

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject: Unwanted movement when focussing Reply with quote

My Apex scope which I bought secondhand a few years ago is an improvement on my previous scope, but it has an issue which I can't seem to resolve. When focussing the images moves around at certain positions of the focus wheel. And when moving the stage the focus moves. Same when raising or lowering the condenser. The whole thing seems very flimsy when in use. Obviously at high magnification the slightest movement in any element affects the image and it all seems loose. Touch the iris control on the condenser and the image moves from side to side quickly.
I've removed the condenser to get to any screws but they all seem tight. I can't figure out what else it could be. But I can physically rock the stage slightly away from the body as indicated in the arrows. Its annoying, and I can't afford another scope.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: