shared reference silicon wafer for comparisons

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

RobertOToole wrote: The seller probably picked up an entire stack of these for $20, he's going to make a killing if he can get $100 each.

Robert
You could by a nice Thorlabs resolution test target for about that.

-JW

lothman

Post by lothman »

Hi,
it seems that the European members already received the reference chips, and tracking says that the oversea shippings all received the destination country. If you don't receive anything please let me know.
regards
Lothar

joeD

Post by joeD »

lothman wrote:Hi,
it seems that the European members already received the reference chips, and tracking says that the oversea shippings all received the destination country. If you don't receive anything please let me know.
regards
Lothar
Hi i haven't received the chip nor a tracking number , did you miss my PM maybe ?

lothman

Post by lothman »

joeD wrote: Hi i haven't received the chip nor a tracking number , did you miss my PM maybe ?
I didn't say that I sent tracking numbers to everybody :wink:

I sent everybody who I listed in this thread. Since forum nicknames and real names or emails are not linked, providing mails with trackingnumber was too much for a lazy guy like me.

regards
Lothar

P.S.: But your chip has arrived in Spain.

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Lothar,

Just received the surprise package in the mail.

Thanks so much!!

Best,

Mike
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Mine came in last Friday, thanks Loth! :)

houstontx

Post by houstontx »

Some single shots of test slide and IC on a Zeiss Standard, EPI DIC. 5,20, and 40x Pol objectives. Canon t3i on zeiss dovetail adapter and 8x eyepiece Afocal with 50mm lens. Thanks again Lothman!

khw

Test Target

Post by khw »

Picked up mine from the Post Office two days ago. Will be checking it out soon. Thanks, Lothar.

Be healthy
Keith

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

I have some laser cut silicon wafers that will be sent to me in some time. Hopefully the virus mess is over and people get better.

These are professionally laser cut and came out of identical wafers. I'll post information when I get the slides. From the photos I've seen, they feature very good detail at sub-micron levels. Covers a relatively large range as well, and kind of "neutral" in colour.

I should be able to get 20-30 copies. Will be happy to send to anyone that's willing to pay for postage.

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Here's one section of the chip I'm talking about.

This is some kind of resolution chart. Some sections out-resolve NA 0.9 objectives. Above is taken with an Oly 20x NA0.75 I believe. I didn't take the photo.

I should have around 30 of these that will be sent to me after shipping is more stable. I don't have a time. It might be 1 month, might be 3+, depends on the mood of covid-19. ...and our incompetent politicians

There's lots of other details on the chip, it's good for 1x as well as higher mag.

I'll gather an "interest" list when I actually get them, so please don't PM yet. One per person, please cover postage cost (China>Australia>[...], CN>AU will be divided so it's going to be a small amount) and that's it. I should be able to post it in an envelope for cheap.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Thanks for discovering and distributing thois; it is great to have labeled reference features!

Macrero

Post by Macrero »

Macro_Cosmos wrote:. Above is taken with an Oly 20x NA0.75 I believe.
Oly UPlanSApo 20/0.75? Bear in mind that it is a coverslip corrected objective and just as with the Nikon APO 20/0.75, image would not be optimal when used on camera without coverslip.

- Macrero
https://500px.com/macrero - Amateurs worry about equipment, Pros worry about money, Masters worry about Light

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Macrero wrote:
Macro_Cosmos wrote:. Above is taken with an Oly 20x NA0.75 I believe.
Oly UPlanSApo 20/0.75? Bear in mind that it is a coverslip corrected objective and just as with the Nikon APO 20/0.75, image would not be optimal when used on camera without coverslip.

- Macrero
It's probably the NA0.7 one with 0-1.6mm coverglass adjustment collar. I'll ask him later.

lothman

Re: shared reference silicon wafer for comparisons

Post by lothman »

Mitutoyo 10x, Raynox DCR 150, 7µm stepsize, paper diffusor and LED-light, Sony A7r4
scaled to 1024px
scaled to 1024px
Fullsize 15MB

leanderborg220

Re: shared reference silicon wafer for comparisons

Post by leanderborg220 »

lothman wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:36 am
Mitutoyo 10x, Raynox DCR 150, 7µm stepsize, paper diffusor and LED-light, Sony A7r4
test_target_Mity_10x_raynox150_1024px_komp.jpg

Fullsize 15MB
Wow. I saw this photo in all its sharpness glory, and all I can say is that I`m impressed. May I ask you please what is the real distance from side to side of that image ?
I believe that I have a new project in mind just by looking at this picture.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic