Macro Time Lapse (2 TB Images = 2 Minutes of Video)

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

fisheyeadventures

Macro Time Lapse (2 TB Images = 2 Minutes of Video)

Post by fisheyeadventures »

Hey everyone,
I took macro time lapse footage for a couple of month squeezed into a two minute video. From growing seeds to melting ice: my goal was to reveal the beauty hidden in the ordinary.
I added some slow motion clips which I recorded at 20.000 images per second to offer some contrast. Using frame rates between 1 second per image and 30 seconds, I recognized that 1 image every 5 minutes would have delivered the same results most of the time... so I had to convert 2 TB of data into a 2 minute clip?? All images were taken with the sony a6300, sony a7r iv and 90mm macro lens.
If you have any questions regarding my gear of setup I used, just let me know. Enjoy the footage, I hope you like what you see and have a nice weekend everyone;)
https://youtu.be/ZdmM-iDRy1Q

dhmiller

Re: Macro Time Lapse (2 TB Images = 2 Minutes of Video)

Post by dhmiller »

Beautiful work(again).,Can you tellme(again) what camera you used for 20k shots per second?

fisheyeadventures wrote:Hey everyone,
I took macro time lapse footage for a couple of month squeezed into a two minute video. From growing seeds to melting ice: my goal was to reveal the beauty hidden in the ordinary.
I added some slow motion clips which I recorded at 20.000 images per second to offer some contrast. Using frame rates between 1 second per image and 30 seconds, I recognized that 1 image every 5 minutes would have delivered the same results most of the time... so I had to convert 2 TB of data into a 2 minute clip?? All images were taken with the sony a6300, sony a7r iv and 90mm macro lens.
If you have any questions regarding my gear of setup I used, just let me know. Enjoy the footage, I hope you like what you see and have a nice weekend everyone;)
https://youtu.be/ZdmM-iDRy1Q

MarkSturtevant

Post by MarkSturtevant »

Wonderful! I remember several of these, and it was nice to see them again.
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

fisheyeadventures

Post by fisheyeadventures »

Thank you. The Slowmo Shots were taken with Photron Fastcam Mini AX 200

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic