shared reference silicon wafer for comparisons

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

chris_ma wrote: I like that with 75x25mm it covers full frame at 1x.

going to order one of those as well :)
https://www.bw-optik.de/restposten/test ... tpraeparat
I'm not so sure about that coverage. The specs say "square, cut wafer plate, cemented onto a 75x25 mm microscope slide (photo 1)". In the samples that I bought several years ago, the actual wafer is about 19mm x 21 mm on two slides, and about 13 mm x 21 mm in the third.

--Rik

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Adalbert, that one has nice test patterns on it, visible in your 5x and 10x shots. That's a winner!

Adalbert

Post by Adalbert »

Hello Lou,
Yes, we are only interested in the magns higher than 4x (this is a macro/micro-forum :-)
For the landscape the siemens-stern can be use (printed on the paper A4 or A3).
BR, ADi
Last edited by Adalbert on Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Adalbert, many of us including me are interested in magnifications from 1x upwards. 1x-5x is a very important range for almost all of us.

Bu that test wafer works great for most of that range too.

I just now tried to buy one online from B&W but could not get through it. Maybe I misunderstood the German using Google translate. The site appears to offer the option to use Paypal but would not let me complete the purchase.

If you have several, would you like tyo sell one or two? Or is there an alternate source?

Adalbert

Post by Adalbert »

Hi Lou,
Yes, but between 1x and 4x a simple slide can be used.

Unfortunately I don’t have several of them 
But I have just checked their web-site; they offer 4 test-targets:
https://www.bw-optik.de/search?sSearch= ... C3%A4parat

ebay:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Mikroskop-Testp ... T#shpCntId
As far as I ca see they ship only to the European countries.

BR, ADi

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

As far as I ca see they ship only to the European countries.
I got down in their website to the point where I had to enter my shipping address, and the drop-down menu for "Country" included the US. But I couldn't get the Paypal option to work.
(They also wanted my date of birth!!!)

Would you like to start a business reselling these to Forum members? I'd gladly cover all costs and pay you extra for your time if you would order and send me one. These look very nice.

chris_ma

Post by chris_ma »

their website mentions worldwide shipping, but then excludes pretty much everything except europe (and australia, but I guess that's an oversight)

I ordered one yesterday and payed by paypal and got an order confirmation a few hours later. If somebody outside of europe would like one let me know and I'd be happy to act as a proxy. I also have a friend visiting from the US in march which might be a way to get a bunch over the atlantic.
chris
chris

dmillard

Post by dmillard »

Lou Jost wrote: I got down in their website to the point where I had to enter my shipping address, and the drop-down menu for "Country" included the US. But I couldn't get the Paypal option to work.
(They also wanted my date of birth!!!)

Would you like to start a business reselling these to Forum members? I'd gladly cover all costs and pay you extra for your time if you would order and send me one. These look very nice.
I had tried to order a couple as well, and had a similar experience. Although I registered on their site before indicating payment through PayPal, and my address shows up correctly when I attempt to pay, shipping charges are not updated, and I'm unable to pay. I sent an email to their customer service, and will post on here when (and if) I hear from them. I would also be very happy to cover the costs of anyone's time and energy to order and ship these.

Best regards,
David

chris_ma

Post by chris_ma »

seem to be a structural problem then.

as mentioned I'd be happy to help out, everybody feel welcome to send me a PM with details.
it's the least I can do for all the kind advice I got from this forum. I'm living in Germany and will find out what'd the best way to ship affordably overseas once I see how they packaged it.
chris
chris

Bob-O-Rama

Post by Bob-O-Rama »

I have had no issues ordering from the bw-optik.de site in Chrome -w- translation and paying via PayPal in the past ( telescope adapter parts ) and I was able to order test slides a couple days ago. Got an order confirmation. It may go bad if you try to translate the PayPal login page rather than use the language selection links below the login dialog. Other than it being clunky, it worked for me in the USA.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

I never couold get to a normal Paypal page. Probably my fault for misunderstanding some instruction.

Chris_ma, thank you very much, I'd like to take you up on your kind offer. These seem like excellent candidates on which to standardize. Though I hope Robert chimes in, I'd like to know his opinion.

I will PM you, Chris.

dmillard

Post by dmillard »

I just tried ordering again, and saw an incorrect/incomplete address warning when returning to the website from PayPal due to the state field being empty (although I had entered it when registering). I re-entered it, and things went smoothly. I had hoped to buy several of the targets so that I could pass them on to US forum members who might want them, but a message came up saying I was limited to buying two (which is what I ordered).

I would like to thank Adalbert, chris_ma, Bob-O-Rama, Lou Jost, and others who provided helpful information.

Best regards,
David

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Adalbert, just to be sure, which of their four test slides is the one that you have photographed here in p3 of this thread?

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

Shipping is 18 Euros just to the UK. Makes it 31 Euros plus Tax.

Just sayin'..........

BR

John

chris_ma

Post by chris_ma »

problem is that german post doesn't allow items to be shipped as letters anymore, only parcels.

depending on padding on the packaging untracked parcel shipping cost is 5-9EUR to the EU and 9-16EUR to the rest of the world.

tracked it's 14EUR to the EU, 37EUR to the USA and 46EUR to the rest of the world.
chris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic