Aliasing

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Adalbert

Aliasing

Post by Adalbert »

Hello everybody,

If you zoom the following picture or resize the window you will get the different aliasing-effects:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/493 ... dd9b_o.jpg

e.g.

BTW, more pictures of the scales of the Urania you will find there:
https://www.photomacrography.net/forum/ ... sc&start=0

BR, ADi

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Interesting! The effect is much more obvious in some browsers than others.

Here is a 200% zoom of screen captures of same-size renders (image height 758 pixels on screen), using Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0 and Google Chrome 79.0.3945.88

This test is with the current non-Chromium version of Microsoft Edge. Perhaps the striking difference will go away with the Chromium-based version.

--Rik

Edited to add: I just now checked Firefox and Opera on Windows, Safari on Mac. They all look about like the Chrome image shown above. Google search on microsoft edge image aliasing finds lots of articles that mention it's a known problem: resizing after display shows aliasing. I confirm that, in Edge, loading or reloading the page after resizing the window removes the aliasing, so the Edge display looks like the others.

Adalbert

Post by Adalbert »

Hello Rik,
Many thanks for the info!
BR, ADi

Guppy

Post by Guppy »

I prefer Firefox

Kurt

Adalbert

Post by Adalbert »

Hello Kurt,
Really nice :-)
On my mobile phone with the browser from Samsung there is no static aliasing but I only can zoom in the content of the site but I cannot resize the window.
But if I zoom very quickly then I can observe some aliasing (but only dynamically).
BR, ADi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic