bhs dic

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ap

bhs dic

Post by ap »

Hi everyone - I've been following this forum for some time and joined recently. It's an incredible resource for this field and I am truly appreciative to everyone who participates! I don't think I could have developed my interest in macro/micro photography with out the info I gathered from all of you. Thank you.

I'll try to make a formal intro with pictures soon, but I do have a question I wanted to ask now:

I have the opportunity to buy a BHS DIC setup with the 0.9 ucd condenser. The prisms in the condenser are unp (thus made for s plan or d plan objectives). I actually have s plan apo objectives primarily and am wondering whether the prisms will work with the apo objectives or whether I will need to find unpd prisms (which are actually meant for d plan apo but as per Charles (Krebs) work fine with the s plan apo). I've looked around for unpd prisms without luck - the seem to be vanishingly rare, as is the whole DIC setup for BHS nowadays.

Thank you, Andy

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Andy, welcome aboard. I have deleted your duplicate topic in the other forum.

I do not know the answer to your BHS DIC question. Hopefully somebody who does will chime in.

--Rik

chanik

Post by chanik »

It isn't critical that you have the exact prism so long as it is for the same magnification and not trying to use an oil prism with an air obj or vice versa. I have the 40x plan fluor prism for my 40x planapo nikon and still images wonderfully.
Nikon E600
Lumix DMC-GX85

ap

Post by ap »

hi chanik - thank you so much for your reply. i just bought the scope and, as you said, all seems to be ok with the prisms
cheers, andy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic