more screen pixels

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

nanometer

more screen pixels

Post by nanometer »

20x mitty, Sony A99 with Minolta 80-200 APO. WeMacro MicroMate spinning the fine knob on a Leitz Ortholux II. 2um steps, zerene. DMAP was needed to keep the plastic structures from blooming. Diffuser dome with overhead ring LED. Width about 1.2mm.

This is from an old Westinghouse computer monitor. It has rows of fluorescent tubes for the backlight, then a bunch of diffuser sheets. This is the view of the pixels on the final glass on the side that faces the diffusers. Again, I don't understand what all the structures do.

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Save that old monitor, might be useful!!

https://www.dpreview.com/news/229123644 ... ght-source

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

nanometer

Post by nanometer »

I saw that video already. I was hoping this monitor would use the LED side lights with that fancy diffuser panel. His process does look very interesting. There is no Fresnel sheet on this monitor and that would be useful for the kind of lighting he was achieving. I think the project looks like it would make good continuous light for video interviews.

Olympusman

Monitor film

Post by Olympusman »

Nice image. Isn't curiosity wonderful?

Mike
Michael Reese Much FRMS EMS Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA

nanometer

Re: Monitor film

Post by nanometer »

Olympusman wrote:Nice image. Isn't curiosity wonderful?

Mike
Thanks, and yes the stacking macro makes viewing all kinds of things you wouldn't otherwise see pretty easy. My guess is that these are rows of simple filters and the LCD part on the other side of the screen turns on and off to let light through or not.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic