Nocturnal Bracketing ..it works.

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Yawns

Nocturnal Bracketing ..it works.

Post by Yawns »

When I bought these panels and tripods I had no studio photography in mind. Were bought to try focus bracketing at night in the field, but for one reason or another I have never tried it yet.

ImageIMG_20190511_143314 by antonio caseiro, on Flickr

Today I found this Pieris after sunset ..
You can see that by the cool colors in the background and almost no shadows in the flower that there is no direct sunlight anymore.

Image45 Photos - 2019-05-21 - C by antonio caseiro, on Flickr

Marked the place and went back home to get the panels.

ImageMA213382 by antonio caseiro, on Flickr

I'm using the panels at only 40% power.
and getting 1/125 at f3,5 mode (A) - The ISO is 250 but i had no intention.. I just left the ISO like that the last time I used the camera :roll:
Kelvin 5600 in the panels.. the coldest they can get.

Image44 Photos - 2019-05-21 - C by antonio caseiro, on Flickr

Image56 Photos - 2019-05-21 - C by antonio caseiro, on Flickr

in this picture ... only one panel is directed to the the butterfly (at 40%) ...the other one raised it to 100% and turned it to the plants behind the butterfly for a less nocturnal background and because I liked those unfocused flowers when I saw them on the screen.

Image48 Photos - 2019-05-21 - C by antonio caseiro, on Flickr

All the pictures have no edition...
Just quick stacked with Helicon to get a preview.
later I will stack the with Zerene and make corrections (halos, antenna...denoise...)
I Probably have better sequences too.. did not stack everything yet.

Thank you for watching,
António
YAWNS _ (Y)et (A)nother (W)onderful (N)ewbie (S)hooting

MarkSturtevant

Post by MarkSturtevant »

All very beautiful, but the first one is especially so. The light is exceptional!
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

Yawns

Post by Yawns »

MarkSturtevant wrote:All very beautiful, but the first one is especially so. The light is exceptional!

Thank you ...
the first is natural light ... there's no better light.

My interest here was to see how the panels could perform in the field ... for me they work very well. The white petals could blow out very easily and they have very good cut and texture. But I have ordered a set of LEE diffuser sheets and I will try to improve the light even more.

Harald

Post by Harald »

Hi António,
This look just great. The LeeLux 400 is great for softing light.
I ordered a pack from http://hi-lights.tv. They have various softing in one pack.
Great value for money.

Keep those great macro coming and thanks for sharing :D
Kind Regards
Harald

Lier Fotoklubb / NSFF
AFIAP / CPS
BGF / GMV
http://www.500px.com/blender11

MarkSturtevant

Post by MarkSturtevant »

I am putting together an outdoor rig that is inspired by your work. For lighting, when needed, I wanted to use a twin led light system which I can diffuse. Not finding any that fits what I had in mind, I am thinking of trying to attach a pair of led headlights like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0716ZCY2D/?c ... _lig_dp_it . Lots of lumens, while also being adjustable for angle and brightness. One can also change the focus. The headband can be stripped down to the wiring and battery pack.
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

Yawns

Post by Yawns »

MarkSturtevant wrote:I am putting together an outdoor rig that is inspired by your work. For lighting, when needed, I wanted to use a twin led light system which I can diffuse. Not finding any that fits what I had in mind, I am thinking of trying to attach a pair of led headlights like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0716ZCY2D/?c ... _lig_dp_it . Lots of lumens, while also being adjustable for angle and brightness. One can also change the focus. The headband can be stripped down to the wiring and battery pack.
I got decent light using only one of the panels in the camera hot shoe ... pictures are no good because I forgot a cheap diopter in the lens .... the panels are ligth and easy to handle.

f/3.5 doesn't demands a lt of light power

I should make more atempts and practice more, but now here is already hot and dry and insects are scarce, and I'm struggling with depression and not very keen to go out and take pictures...
I have other solutions in mind too...
Let me know how your experiments are going.

Image60 Photos - 2019-04-08 - C by antonio caseiro, on Flickr

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic