Mitutoyo m planapo 10x with m25 thread?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Scarodactyl

Mitutoyo m planapo 10x with m25 thread?

Post by Scarodactyl »

I recently scored a mitty 10x on eBay for a good price. I already had an m25 objective adapter for my z16, and an m25 to m26 adapter, which allowed me to hook up a Hirox objective to it. Howevwr, when I got the mitutoyo in today I was surprised to find its threads were too small for the m26 adapter, and instead it fit into the m25. Do mitutoyo objectives ever have an m25 thread? Maybe there is an adapter already attached that I missed?

billjanes1

Re: Mitutoyo m planapo 10x with m25 thread?

Post by billjanes1 »

Scarodactyl wrote:I recently scored a mitty 10x on eBay for a good price. I already had an m25 objective adapter for my z16, and an m25 to m26 adapter, which allowed me to hook up a Hirox objective to it. Howevwr, when I got the mitutoyo in today I was surprised to find its threads were too small for the m26 adapter, and instead it fit into the m25. Do mitutoyo objectives ever have an m25 thread? Maybe there is an adapter already attached that I missed?
The Mitty objective has RMS threads, with a diameter of 20.32 mm and pitch of 0.706. To use the RMS objective on a M25 scope you need an adapter:

https://www.thorlabs.com/thorproduct.cf ... mber=RMSA1

Regards,

Bill

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

The Mitty objective has RMS threads
That's wrong, at least for any M Plan Apo Mitu objective I've ever seen.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

I do not know of any Mitty's with m25 threads, but there's always a possibility of some special lens that I've never heard of.

However, the first Mitty that I ever received already had an m26 to m25 adapter mounted on it. The adapter was thin and since it was the first time I had ever held a Mitty, I did not recognize it.

I suggest to look again, and post a picture of the objective if you still can't see an adapter.

--Rik

billjanes1

Post by billjanes1 »

Lou Jost wrote:
The Mitty objective has RMS threads
That's wrong, at least for any M Plan Apo Mitu objective I've ever seen.
I stand corrected. The Mitutoyo objective threads are M26 x 36 TPI (threads per inch). This pitch is the same as RMS, but the diameter is different.

Bill

Scarodactyl

Post by Scarodactyl »

rjlittlefield wrote: However, the first Mitty that I ever received already had an m26 to m25 adapter mounted on it. The adapter was thin and since it was the first time I had ever held a Mitty, I did not recognize it.
--Rik
Aha, you got it. It was on very tight (so my initial attempts at twisting didn't budge it at all, and the seam was very slight) but it did indeed have an adapter already on it. Nice little bonus, though the cheap Chinese one I bought adds less length so I'll probably stick with that one for my purpose.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic