Don't try this at home!

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Charles Krebs

Don't try this at home!

Post by Charles Krebs »

About a week ago my wife walked into the room holding a 4GB compact flash card and said "This fell out of clothes I just took out of dryer". :shock:

So, after it cooled down I just set it aside. (After going through the washer and dryer I sort of wrote it off).

Tonight I plugged it into the card reader. All 270 pictures were there. Everything seemed just fine!. (Although I will probably relegate it to non-critical uses like ferrying files and pictures between computers).

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

That sounds like a wise course.

However, I just this evening read an article in IEEE Spectrum that said IBM tests its cpu chips by 1000 cycles of "ship shock", described as "simulating a trip from scorching Arizona to frigid Alaska".

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that their model of a delivery van parked in the Arizona sun for a full day looks a lot like a clothes dryer. If they include Louisiana, it might cover the washer too.

--Rik

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

wow cool!, id have thought that theyd be buggered from even just getting wet alone.

Epidic

Post by Epidic »

Aren"t we taking dust removal from digital files just a bit far. But do you get brighter whites from this process?
Will

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic