Recommended virus-free auto mouse clicker?

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

I am using a sensor-cooled astrophotography camera that can't be directly triggered by WeMacro or Cognysis controllers, so it is hard to synchronize the exposures with the rail movements (each is controlled by an independent laptop).

Astrophotography software allows me to set the time interval between captures, but only to the nearest second, and the software (at least the one I use, Sharpcap) doesn't start counting the time until the end of the exposure and file writing. If exposure + write time is not a whole number of seconds, the sequence becomes dis-coordinated with the rail movements (which only use whole numbers of seconds, not fractional seconds).

The solution is to automate mouse clicks on the "capture" button of the astro software, setting the correct interval between clicks based on the settings of the rail controller.

Can anyone recommend a simple mouse record/play autoclicker with adjustable time interval between successive clicks? I have done some reading and Free Mouse Auto Clicker is often recommended. These kinds of free programs, though, are often full of viruses and bloatware, particularly if they are downloaded from general-purpose software-downloading sites. Can anyone recommend a safe auto-clicker program, from a safe download site? Is Free Mouse Auto Clicker safe?

Thanks in advance,
Lou

manu de hanoi

Post by manu de hanoi »

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Thanks, I had read about that one, but it has a mediocre rating. Do you have personal experience with it?

pierre

Post by pierre »

ZS with Robot function ;)
Regards

Pierre

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Pierre, that just works with Stackshot as far as I could tell. I suppose I could run a dummy Stackshot while using the WeMacro rail...but I'd rather find a simpler solution.

elf

Post by elf »

Do you have the Pro version of Sharpcap? If so, have you looked at their SDK?

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

Lou,

Assuming you're running Windows, how about Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center? (Download link here.) I haven't used it, but it should certainly be safe.

--Chris S.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Elf, I don't have the pro version, but I would certainly get it if it had this ability.
Last edited by Lou Jost on Tue May 29, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

ChrisS, thanks for the idea, I will investigate. In all the lists of macro automation programs on the web that I had looked at, this had never turned up. But it does seem like such a basic task that Windows should have the ability to do it, hidden somewhere in some obscure place.....

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Chris, I just installed it. It appears to only work with an external keyboard or mouse, not the laptop's keyboard or trackpad (and then maybe only Microsoft keyboards or mice?)....what a dumb self-limitation. This suggests, though, that Windows might have a separate built-in equivalent for the native keyboard or trackpad...maybe.

anoldsole

Post by anoldsole »

I suggest http://www.macrocreator.com/ It's a good tool for macro and script generation, powerful without being too difficult to use. Highly recommended if you need to automate simple tasks on a computer.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Have you looked at http://www.robot-soft.com/ ?

--Rik

elf

Post by elf »

The Sharpcap pro version says it has scripting. Have you tried contacting them?

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Thanks for the suggestions Rik, elf, and anoldsole. The Macro Creator looks best for me, in that it will be able to control other more complex programs as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic