Extension tube

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RobertoM

Extension tube

Post by RobertoM »

Hi all, I need a suggestion....
I have a Canon eos 30D, and shot some macro with Canon 100 macro and other times with Canon 65 MP-E and canon MT-24X.
When I use the 65 MP-E, many times isn't possible shot because the lens is too much near the subject... (fly, apes... ).
With 65 MP-E at 1X or 2X I shot without tripod, but at the 3X, 4X, 5X I need the tripod.
If I use the Canon 100 macro with extension tube, can I shot without tripod?
What kind of extension tube do you suggest?
Thanks in advance

Roberto

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

If I've understood things correctly you get the same depth of field with lenses at the same magnification, so apart from any differences in weight and length of the lens combination for hand holding, I would think you still would need to use a tripod at the same magnifications with either lens?

DaveW

RobertoM

Post by RobertoM »

Excuse, excuse me for my Engligh language... :D
My request:
If I use the 100 macro with all the (3) extension tube, can I shot without tripod?
Obviously at now I don't have the extension tube... but I want buy...
In the first post I try to explain that with the MP-E over the 2X magnification is not easy shot without tripod.
Thanks in advance...
Roberto

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

yes you can shoot without a tripod 100mm with extentions, with steady arms at the higher magnification, if you keep your shutter speed high, usally one will use a flash to assist in maintaining the shutter speed.

strong daylight can allso be used to assist in higher shutter speeds plus a fill-in flash to remove harsh shadows.

you could use your MT-24x for the flash on your 100mm macro.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic