Series VI (6)

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

augusthouse

Series VI (6)

Post by augusthouse »

I've been reverse mounting EL Nikkors and up till now, even with the NKJ 2.8 50mm have been able to use a 40.5mm adapter and Nikon BR2A reversing ring for this purpose. This method has also worked for the later version of EL Nikkors. I have an 80mm and it has a front filter thread of 40.5mm.

Recently, however, I have aquired some additional EL Nikkors: the EL 80, 105 and 135mm. These are the older guys (though not designated Nippon Kogaku Japan) that have a separate chrome retaining ring at the rear with the standard 39mm thread and a front filter thread of 34.5mm.

The only adapter I could find (still in transit) for the front filter thread size was a 34.5mm to Series VI; but I have conflicting information regarding the diameter of the Series VI thread aspect. I've read where the diameter is indicated as 40mm and elsewhere as 40.5mm. This information came about after Googling.

Just trying to make sure I have a suitable adapter to take it up to (M)52mm for the BR2A.

Anybody been down this road, or could you offer some definitive reference?

Thanks,
Craig

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Craig,

The diameter of the drop in filter was about 41mm. Pretty sure the retaining ring thread was 44mm. You'll probably need a 43-52 stepping ring and some epoxy glue to make up an adapter that'll fit the BR-2.

augusthouse

34.5mm

Post by augusthouse »

Thanks Charlie.

The seller has just informed me that he can't find the 34.5mm to Series VI adapter in his inventory even though he had 3 listed, so that has fizzled out.

Looks like I will have to have one made as I can't seem to find one available anywhere.

Just wondering if it may have some other name like the Series rings that don't specifically refer to mm.

Is there a list of people who make custom adapters or could anyone on the forum suggest someone?

I've sent an initial email through to SK Grimes.

Preferably a 34.5 (0.5 thread pitch - I think) male to 52mm female.

If I find one I will post here.

Ideally, the image below shows what I am after. It went for US $8.00 recently. I only found it way after the auction ended.

Craig

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Craig,

I looked into my "box-o-adapters" and guess what I found... a Nikon EL-Nikkor, 34.5 Adapter ring just like you have pictured!

You realize that it is 34.5mm on one side and the "standard" 39mm enlarger thread on the other side. So you would still need to go up from 39mm.

But if you could use it let me know...

Charlie

augusthouse

Thankyou!

Post by augusthouse »

Charlie! Thankyou. Sincerley appreciated!

Going up from 39mm will not be a problem.

To where do I have the 'gold bullion' sent?

I'll send through a PM with some details.

I will continue to look for one of the adapters and return same to you if and when that search yields a result.

My box-of-adapters is still in its infancy.

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic