Mitutoyo Finescope FS-100

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Hoffm473

Mitutoyo Finescope FS-100

Post by Hoffm473 »

I have a Mitutoyo Finescope which has been sitting around unused for a while, I honestly do not know much about it or its capabilities. However I do know that some people like to use them for photography.

--Manufacture specs---
MITUTOYO FS100 FINESCOPE

TRINOCULAR HEAD
EXTRA WIDEFIELD 10X EYEPIECES
REFLECTED LIGHT (TOP ILLUMINATION)
TRANSMITTED LIGHT (BOTTOM ILLUMINATION)
ELWD .55 NA CONDENSER
OBJECTIVES:
MITUTOYO M PLAN APO 2X
MITUTOYO M PLAN APO 10X
MITUTOYO M PLAN APO 20X
MITUTOYO M PLAN APO 50X

I can post more photos and information about the unit if anyone is interested.

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

It's a very nice piece of equipment, the objectives are about the most desired for reflected light applications. It will be great for low to moderate magnification imaging of most kind of subjects, not so good for high magnification of glass covered microscope slides where biological microscopes with 0.17mm cover glass corrected objectives with wider NA are much more adequate.

What do you want to do with it?

Because you're posting it in the Equipment Exchange forum it seems that you want to sell it, if not your post will be better placed at Equipment discussions or Beginner Micro fora.
Pau

Hoffm473

Post by Hoffm473 »

Thanks for the reply. Honestly I don't have really any use for the scope. I'm curious for opinions from people more knowledgeable with this type of equipment if it makes more sense to part out and sell certain pieces of the scope or if it's better to sell the unit whole.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Rather depressingly, things like this are usually broken up, into at least objectives separately, then "the rest" as a lump. Dealers tend to do that, putting the parts out at very high prices, and wait for as long as it takes. It depends how much effort you're prepared to put in.

The objectives could go worldwide, but the cost of shipping the frame could be offputting.

Check the numbers from the objectives - is the 20x a NA 0.42 and the 50x a NA 0.55?
Chris R

Hoffm473

Post by Hoffm473 »

ChrisR wrote:Rather depressingly, things like this are usually broken up, into at least objectives separately, then "the rest" as a lump. Dealers tend to do that, putting the parts out at very high prices, and wait for as long as it takes. It depends how much effort you're prepared to put in.

The objectives could go worldwide, but the cost of shipping the frame could be offputting.

Check the numbers from the objectives - is the 20x a NA 0.42 and the 50x a NA 0.55?
I will check the objectives and post the numbers this evening after work.
Thanks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic