Set contrast threshold to?

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Adalbert

Set contrast threshold to?

Post by Adalbert »

Hello everyone,
How do you set the contrast threshold in Zerene ?
When should I change the default value 30 and what is the best practice?
Thank you in advance.
BR, Adi

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

There is documentation on this. See the tutorial "How To Use DMap", linked from the Tutorials section of the Zerene Stacker website.

In brief: for macro/micro applications that feature a detailed subject and OOF background/foreground, the slider should be positioned so that all the OOF areas go "black in preview". When this is done, the number on the slider will end up being roughly the percentage of frame area that is OOF.

For your example at https://mikroskopie-forum.at/index.php/ ... #post13635, that would be someplace around Percentile 70. A slightly higher value may result in less halo around those high contrast edges of the pink petal.

--Rik

Adalbert

Post by Adalbert »

Hello Rik,
Great, many thanks!
BR, Adi

Adalbert

Post by Adalbert »

Hello everybody,
What should I change in the configuration (probably in Look and Feel) of the Zerene in order to get the „“OK“ button (something like scaling or size)?
The “OK” button of the threshold in DMap is not visible ( and not reachable :-(
I have this problem only on the UHD display (4K) .
Thank you in advance.
BR, Adi

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Adalbert wrote:Hello everybody,
What should I change in the configuration (probably in Look and Feel) of the Zerene in order to get the „“OK“ button (something like scaling or size)?
The “OK” button of the threshold in DMap is not visible ( and not reachable :-(
I have this problem only on the UHD display (4K) .
This problem is new to me. It's probably a layout issue caused by the unusually high resolution of the monitor. Please send a screen capture showing the problem, to support@zerenesystems.com . Let me know if you encounter similar problems anywhere else.

Like all of Zerene Stacker's dialogs, the window containing the contrast threshold slider can be resized by dragging any of its edges or corners. I suspect that if you just drag the bottom down, the OK button will appear.

But for now you'll have to do that every time, because the size and location of that window is not stored as part of the configuration.

--Rik

naturepics43

Post by naturepics43 »

rjlittlefield wrote:Like all of Zerene Stacker's dialogs, the window containing the contrast threshold slider can be resized by dragging any of its edges or corners. I suspect that if you just drag the bottom down, the OK button will appear.

But for now you'll have to do that every time, because the size and location of that window is not stored as part of the configuration.

--Rik
I have the same problem. I just grab the bottom of the window & pull down as you suggested. My monitor is an AOC 2367M, screen resolution is 1440 x 900. I'll be watching with interest. Thanks.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

naturepics43 wrote:I have the same problem. I just grab the bottom of the window & pull down as you suggested. My monitor is an AOC 2367M, screen resolution is 1440 x 900.
Send a screen capture from yours also, please. My standard development system is 1680x1050, but the problem probably has something to do with font sizes in addition to screen resolution.

--Rik

Adalbert

Post by Adalbert »

Hello Rik,
Yes, I have scaled (150%) generally the font-size.
BR, Adi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic