Membership JML 20X Purchase

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

johan

Post by johan »

^^ I'd most definitely be up for that. Is there a paypal email address I can send you a little money as a thank you - for a 'romantic dinner for 2' fund?

-Johan
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

vendav

Post by vendav »

Hi All,

As I will be paying a helpful intermediary shipper I wont have an opportunity to send a few bob extra to Rich - I too would therefore appreciate a Paypal email address for the "romantic dinner for two" fund as suggested by Johan.

On another, sourer, note I've had dealings with ChrisR and found him to be honest and generous to a fault. I don't doubt his version of events, and think that the unnamed member of this otherwise superb community should be ashamed of his actions.

David

canonian

Post by canonian »

Chris S. wrote:Looking at what Rich has done, it seems like a frightening amount of work and out-of-pocket expense. If enough lens recipients were to add $5 or $10 to their reimbursements, maybe it would add up to enough money for Rich to take his wife out to dinner--a small thanks for the work he's done. And you'd still be spending very little for this lens.
Chris S. wrote:This does my heart good--we have here a wonderful, and perhaps singular, Internet community. We help one another. We let our guards down. We don't have to watch our backs.
Couldn't agree more, Chris. Richard is one hell of a guy to do this for us, and it is hearthwarming to be part of this community.
I would not be where I am now without the help and shared knowledge from the members of this forum.

pierre

Post by pierre »

Fred,

Same point of view there
Regards

Pierre

naturephoto1

Post by naturephoto1 »

OK, I am making some headway at this point in getting all 11 packages ready for shipment. All of the boxes are now loaded and sealed up.

I will be hand writing and taping the shipping labels to the boxes and then taking the package weights. After that I will go to the USPS website and calculate the shipping prices. I have shipping addresses at this point for 6 boxes which are going to ChrisR (all 6 lenses going to the UK), Beatrix (2 lenses to ship via Registered Mail to South Africa), Barry (1 lens going to The Netherlands), Blcak (1 lens going to Germany), Shrek (1 lens going to France, and Canononian (1 lens going to The Netherlands).

I am still in need of the shipping addresses for ChrisLilley (France), cloantita (Spain), rodilio (Spain), HarrisA (Greece), and didinin22 (France).

I should be sending out PMs in several hours now with the Pricing information, my Paypal account, and the request for those missing addresses.

Rich

naturephoto1

Post by naturephoto1 »

All of the lenses that I have are all packaged and ready to ship at this point.

PMs were sent out and I have received payment from all but 3 of the recipients at this time. One of the PMs still needs to be read and one also still needs to send their mailing information.

I will be sending all of the lenses that have been paid for later today. I thank those that have paid for their prompt payment and for those that added a small additional amount, it is most appreciated.

Also, my replacement and Pierre's lenses are in transit and should arrive later today. I may be able to pack Pierre's lens up later today and send him his PM, but I will have to wait and see if I can as I have to finish loading my van and attach the trailer to my van to go to my Art Show tomorrow. If I can get this all done and I receive payment from Pierre, then I will try to ship the lens out tomorrow on my way out of town, otherwise it will have to ship either on Monday or at the latest Tuesday.

Rich

ChrisLilley

Post by ChrisLilley »

naturephoto1 wrote: I am still in need of the shipping addresses for ChrisLilley (France), cloantita (Spain), rodilio (Spain), HarrisA (Greece), and didinin22 (France).
PM with address, and payment sent

pierre

Post by pierre »

Hi Rich

All done too ;)

Thanks a tons for your nice and kind help !!!
Regards

Pierre

naturephoto1

Post by naturephoto1 »

I sent out a total of 10 packages today with lenses. I am still awaiting for Chris to respond to send out the lenses to the UK and Barry's payment has been made but it will be shipped later.

I sent out lenses to Ken Ball in South Africa, Fred in The Netherlands, Haris in Greece, Manuel in Spain, Jean Pierre in France, Chris Lilley in France, Honorio in Spain, Pierre in France, Thiery in France, and David in Germany. All packages were sent out about 4:00 PM Eastern Time in the US. PMs will be sent later this evening when I can get to it with all of your respective US Customs Declaration numbers.

Rich

naturephoto1

Post by naturephoto1 »

I am in the process of sending out the US Customs Declaration #s for the shipped lenses via PM.

If anyone wants to try to track their package (as long as it is being updated) you can use the following link:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction

Rich

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

As I am travelling tomorrow, and even the most important things in life can be forgotten in the rush :), I want to say a huge thank you to Rich for arranging this deal and distribution and also to ChrisR, for administering the UK end.

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Payment done.
I believe tracking on the economy USPS service is only within the US.
When (if? :roll: ) they arrive I'll pack them off Recorded delivery and let folks know their totals.

I am able, if not exactly happy, to report that the recipient of the Nikon objective who raised the chargeback on its paypal payment, mentioned several posts back, has now suddenly remembered that he already had a Meiji lens all along.

Must have slipped his mind, as must seeing "Nikon" when he opened the parcel, or thinking twice before accusing fraud on a scale to pay for a dozen JMLs. The Peril of Paypal is that it facilitates such enraging behaviour.

Thanks for your support, fellows.

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

ChrisR wrote:I believe tracking on the economy USPS service is only within the US.
That tends to be the case with tracking starting in another country. In some cases, possibly only with Parcel Force, a UK tracking number is allocated at the Royal Mail arrival hub. It is a couple of years since I was involved with that.
ChrisR wrote:I am able, if not exactly happy, to report that the recipient of the Nikon objective who raised the chargeback on its paypal payment, mentioned several posts back, has now suddenly remembered that he already had a Meiji lens all along.
Must have slipped his mind, as must seeing "Nikon" when he opened the parcel, or thinking twice before accusing fraud on a scale to pay for a dozen JMLs. The Peril of Paypal is that it facilitates such enraging behaviour.
Great news! Einstein said that there are no limits to time/space or to human stupidity. :roll:

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

vendav

Post by vendav »

Hi Harold,

Neither, it seems, to human cupidity.

David

naturephoto1

Post by naturephoto1 »

ChrisR wrote:Payment done.
I believe tracking on the economy USPS service is only within the US.
When (if? :roll: ) they arrive I'll pack them off Recorded delivery and let folks know their totals.

I am able, if not exactly happy, to report that the recipient of the Nikon objective who raised the chargeback on its paypal payment, mentioned several posts back, has now suddenly remembered that he already had a Meiji lens all along.

Thanks for your support, fellows.
Chris,

I am almost afraid to ask, but since the buyer remembered that he had a Meiji lens was he expecting/asking to return the Nikon lens (just to add insult to injury)?

Rich
Last edited by naturephoto1 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic