Membership JML 20X Purchase

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

naturephoto1

Membership JML 20X Purchase

Post by naturephoto1 »

Now that several members of the forum have had and tested the JML 20X lens in the following thread I am trying to find out who wants to order these lenses from outside of the US:

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... hp?t=16171

This is the ebay item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200718941277?ss ... 1423.l2649

We have started a discussion about this on the 6th page of the thread and I am willing to place an order for those interested and to ship them out to foreign members:

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... c&start=75

Sunnking has this listed for a Buy it Now Price now of $34.95 and a shipping price to me o $9.32 via UPS. I will place the order and try to get a better price from the seller and combine shipping so that I can get a better price for the foreign members interested. I personally ordered one of these for myself yesterday and it was shipped today. Checking the USPS website, it appears that shipping to Germany as a reference may be between about $12 and $17 to ship either First Class or Priority International Flat Rate Box. Unfortunately, the USPS recently raised their shipping prices and the lens can not be insured by this means of shipping. Besides, it probably does not make much sense to insure a $34.95 item.

I have already had several people including Fred (Canonian) and Chris Lilley express interest.

Please let me know if you are interested in this purchase so that we can go forward with the order.

Payment to me will be via Paypal plus about 4.1% for the International Paypal fees. Right now, it looks like as an estimate we can probably get the lenses shipped to most of the world for somewhere about $55 to $60 plus the 4.1% Paypal fees. But, I will try to get the price down as far as I can by making a group offer and combined shipping.

Rich

naturephoto1

Post by naturephoto1 »

As a followup to my first posting in this thread I want to start posting a list of those that are interested:

Fred (Canonian)- To be shipped to Netherlands
Chris Lilley- To be shipped to France
David (Vendav)- 1 of 5 going to 1 recipient in the UK
Shrek- To be shipped to France
Harold Gough- 1 of 5 going to 1 recipient in the UK
Laurie Knight- 1 of 5 going to 1 recipient in the UK
Saludos (cloantita)- To be shipped to Spain
David (Blcak)- To be shipped to Germany
Johan- 1 of 5 going to 1 recipient in the UK
rodilio- To be shipped to Spain
HarrisA- To be shipped to Greece
Beatrix- 2 lenses- To be shipped to South Africa.
Barry- To ship to The Netherlands
Thierry (didin22)- To be shipped to France

I will keep updating this list as members express their interest.

Rich
Last edited by naturephoto1 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:29 am, edited 24 times in total.

abpho

Post by abpho »

Good luck. I hope they don't sell out before you place your order. There are still 63 left.

naturephoto1

Post by naturephoto1 »

abpho wrote:Good luck. I hope they don't sell out before you place your order. There are still 63 left.
Thanks. I still see 86 available on ebay. I just cleared the cache on my computer. Maybe I am missing something, but I do not see any additional bids awaiting acceptance.

Rich

abpho

Post by abpho »

I thought it meant 63 = 86 - the 23 sold. Either way, lots left. For now.

shrek

Post by shrek »

Shrek ...YES :D

jp

canonian

Post by canonian »

I remember Laurie Knight was trying to find a member to get a JML 20X shipped to the UK.
I PM'd him but I guess he's offline now.

cloantita

Post by cloantita »

Hello to all.
If possible I also am interested in buying one of these, I am from Spain. Many thanks for all.

Saludos
H. Cócera.

naturephoto1

Post by naturephoto1 »

I will keep adding names to the list. My copy arrived yesterday, but I did not have time to really look at it. Yesterday I had to pick up frames to assemble 2 photos today. I will not have much time to deal with this as I am preparing to go to participate at an Art Show and will be leaving tomorrow hopefully around noon. I will then be on my way, and at the Art Show in New Paltz, New York for the Memorial Day weekend Saturday through Monday and will arrive back home close to midnight on Monday May 28. From the time of my departure tomorrow I will not be back on line till Tuesday morning May 29 since I will not have access to the internet.

I may well try to place the order for these lenses then on Wednesday, May 30. So, please get your names in if you want to make the purchase.

Rich

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

I am interested! :) thanks Rich.. Perhaps we could ship a bunch of them to one of us in Europe in one package?

naturephoto1

Post by naturephoto1 »

lauriek wrote:I am interested! :) thanks Rich.. Perhaps we could ship a bunch of them to one of us in Europe in one package?
Hi Laurie,

I will take the question mark off of the list for you. If it is preferred, I could send one package to Europe.

Rich
Last edited by naturephoto1 on Thu May 24, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blcak

Post by Blcak »

Just make sure that country has good shipping costs within Europe, that's not the case everywhere. Some countries charge as much as the original shipping from the US is.

johan

Post by johan »

Could you add my name to the list please?

Thank you
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

canonian

Post by canonian »

naturephoto1 wrote:....I could send one package to Europe.
Wouldn't that add another shipping step? (Sunnking->You->Somewhere-in-Europe->country/address of member on the list)
I cannot see any gain in cost reduction right now, or am I missing something?
Can you --if cheaper-- send it directly to the adress I will PM you?

naturephoto1

Post by naturephoto1 »

canonian wrote:
naturephoto1 wrote:....I could send one package to Europe.
Wouldn't that add another shipping step? (Sunnking->You->Somewhere-in-Europe->country/address of member on the list)
I cannot see any gain in cost reduction right now, or am I missing something?
Can you --if cheaper-- send it directly to the adress I will PM you?
Hi Fred,

I had initially intended to send the packages to each of the members.

In the case of the UK, there are now 4 members (the 4th has asked to not be placed on the list). But, in that case, all of the UK lenses could be sent to 1 recipient who would then forward the lenses to the others in the UK.

Rich

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic