Zerene Stacker Help

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Alex G

Zerene Stacker Help

Post by Alex G »

Hi all

First post on this site. I've read and learned lots here. From the glowing reviews of Zerene Stacker I just downloaded the trial. I'm having a bit of an issue that I hope you might know how to resolve. Please see image:
Zerene Stacker Glitch.jpg
Zerene opens and for a few minutes, things seem normal - I can add and start processing files. But after generating outputs it starts redrawing Zerene over and over wherever I drag my cursor. I have a computer that is only a couple months old with an i9 processor, a 3070 graphics card, 32GB of ram, and the files are on an SSD internal drive. Zerene is set to use 16GB of ram. The above stack is about 200 16 bit images from a D850. I sure hope I'm not overloading this machine! Any help/suggestion is greatly appreciated.

I did manage to generate the final tif to send to Photoshop:
Tiny Fly PMax.jpg

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Zerene Stacker Help

Post by rjlittlefield »

Alex, hello and welcome to the forum! I'm Rik Littlefield, the fellow who wrote Zerene Stacker and answers all the emails to support@zerenesystems.com .

The problem you're experiencing is so bizarre that I've never seen it before.

From what I can see in your screen capture, the things that are getting redrawn are parts of the window that Zerene Stacker as an application would never redraw in response to cursor movement.

So, my thought at this moment is that there's some weird problem with the video driver.

Please send email to me at support@zerenesystems.com . Attach copies of all files that you find in your %APPDATA%\ZereneStacker folder, which you can access by using the procedure described at https://zerenesystems.com/cms/stacker/docs/faqlist#i_need_to_report_a_problem_are_there_log_files_i_can_send_you . Thanks!

--Rik

klevin

Post by klevin »

Have you tried stacking with jpg? I presume you're using tiff. I've never seen much difference between max quality jpg and tiff, except in processing time, so I just stack with jpg. You might also see if you can stack a smaller number of photos.

It will be interesting to see what Rik finds!

Alex G

Post by Alex G »

Rik - I sent you an email as requested. Thanks again for your help!

Alex.

Alex G

Post by Alex G »

After some helpful suggestions from Rik, and an update of my graphics card firmware, things seem to be working smoothly now! Just tested a couple stacks with over 200 shots, no issues with how ZS displayed.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Excellent! Thanks for jumping on the firmware update, and for updating the status here. I'm very happy to have the count of troublesome computers be back down to zero. :)

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic