- Image for critique is the first below or on flickr where you can zoom in further, at https://www.flickr.com/photos/116444714@N04/50834594418. This is a fungus that has spores piled over the black surface.
- The image is a stack of 55 photos spanning about a 0.3 mm distance.
- Each photo was 1/250 sec, ISO 100, with flash.
- Objective requires 160mm distance; I should be to within a mm or two of that (from base of objective by threads to sensor plane)
- Black felt has been added to interior of tube to cover a shiny metal flange where the conical objective adapter meets the extension tube.
- Zooming in on them reveals that the image is not very sharp.
- Image of setup is second below.
Any advise? Thanks!