MycoCam5 any users please?

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

gasman

MycoCam5 any users please?

Post by gasman »

Hi guys
Been trying this software but can't seem to find a simple way just to take a jpg without jumping through different windows?. It looks an excellent and useful app for microscopy if I can just suss out how to use it. I just want to be able take a snapshot of what I see on screen and the only way I have found so far is to go through 3 windows to the Measure window then right click save,I'm sure it must be easier than that given that many folk seem to use it. A quick work flow from someone would be great if poss please!
Thanks
Steve

Lou Jost

Re: MycoCam5 any users please?

Post by Lou Jost »

If the image fills the whole screen, what about PrintScreen?

viktor j nilsson

Post by viktor j nilsson »

Just for your information, the maker of Mycocam, Richard Shotbolt, passed away in March. He was a prominent figure in British Mycological circles.

So it might be a bit tricky to find someone to ask if it's a serious software issue.

gasman

Post by gasman »

viktor j nilsson wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:49 am

So it might be a bit tricky to find someone to ask if it's a serious software issue.
Yes I understand that sadly Richard had passed away. I don't think my enquiry could be described as a ' serious software issue' more likely me not understanding how to use the software even though I read and reread the help file. There is a 'grab' button which would suggest it takes an image but it does nothing. I thought with the software so popular someone might point me to the ' MycoCam for thickos' page 😏. Maybe an issue with my little 5meg usb camera but its recognized fine and works great in liveview?.
Steve

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

There is a 'grab' button which would suggest it takes an image but it does nothing.
Are you sure it does nothing? It sounds like another name for the PrintScreen function, which is sometimes called "Screen Grab" (and you would not see anything happen when you use PrintScreen). Have you tried using "Grab", then opening a new image in Photoshop and pasting the clipboard into it?

gasman

Post by gasman »

Thanks for the suggestion Lou, no I haven't tried that but will do when I return home tomorrow!.
Regards
Steve

gasman

Post by gasman »

Well tried Lou's suggestion tonight and nope the grab button doesn't do anything, no screen grab or whatever so the mystery continues :?: .
I like to try different apps for whatever hobby I'm into so for now I'll stick with Altami studio which is working great so thanks guys!.
Steve

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Sorry to hear my suggestion didn't work.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic