Question regarding Nikon 10x

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Billy B

Question regarding Nikon 10x

Post by Billy B »

I'm new to the Macro world and recently purchased a Nikon 10x objective on eBay, however after reading Johan J Ingles-Le Nobel article on line I may have bought the wrong one. He states the objective should have an OFN # and MRL 00102. Mine has neither of these. Although it looks the same, it simply says "Nikon Plan 10 x/0.25 , infinity symbol /-, WD10.5 . Can anyone shed some light on this for me. How well will this objective work?
I currently have a 4x Am Scope objective, but the adaptor is not the same for the Nikon 10x . Another 3 week wait for a M 52 adaptor from China unless someone knows of a different location other then eBay where one can be purchased. Thanks for any info you can share.

Pau
Site Admin

Re: Question regarding Nikon 10x

Post by Pau »

If it is like this:
it's a good one

The model number and OFN (field number) are not printed in all samples
Pau

Billy B

Post by Billy B »

Thanks Pau. I have the same one. Are you aware of any sources, other than China, for adaptors ?

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Billy B wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:36 am
Are you aware of any sources, other than China, for adaptors ?
Rafael from Belarus makes very good stuff, but shipping in the current circumstances could be very slow
https://rafcamera.com/adapter-m52x0-75m-to-m25x0-75f
Pau

Ichthyophthirius

Post by Ichthyophthirius »

I'm partial to the brass adapters https://www.customphototools.com/macro/ ... s-adapters but unfortunately there is no M52-M25 adapter in stock.

Billy B

Post by Billy B »

Thanks. Looks like I'll have to wait for the slow boat from China- 4 weeks if I'm lucky!

JKT

Post by JKT »

I decided to use T2 as intermediate thread. So all the tube lenses have step-down ring to T2 (so far all are larger) and the microscope adapters use that, so I only need three ... so far. Customphototools mentioned above should have the T2 to microscope adapters in stock and the step-down rings you should be able to get from anywhere. The drawback is the 4mm or so addition to minimum distance from the tube lens for the lenses that need to be close. If the objective is very far from the tube lens, some vignetting is theoretically possible at least for FF.

Billy B

Post by Billy B »

Thanks JKT, but I just placed my order last night and will wait for the slow boat from China to get the adapter .

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic