WeMacro and Helicon Focus

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

GeoC

WeMacro and Helicon Focus

Post by GeoC »

I've just started Macro photography and bought a WeMacro rail. It works fine with its own software but I'd like to try it with Helicon Remote and can't get the software to find it. It finds the camera but not the rail. Any suggestions appreciated. The email william@wemacro.com seems defunct!
Thanks
GeoC

Sulafat

WeMacro & Helicon Focus

Post by Sulafat »

Hi,

I use a similar setup (using Canon cameras) with a laptop running MS Windows 10. I occasionally have problems with Helicon Remote "seeing" my hardware. I've found that if I first turn on the camera and the WeMaco module and then load Helicon, things work OK, most of the time (USB ports can be a bit quirky; not always plug and play). Maybe using this sequence could work for your system too. Good luck!

Greg Brown
Tallahassee, FL
Flickr page: https://flic.kr/ps/3eJvz5

I'm an amateur photographer in the gentle persuit of modest competency.

GeoC

Post by GeoC »

Thanks Greg, since posting I have tried installing the software on my MacBook and it works fine, I'm doing exactly the same on my iMac, they both run the same OS, etc., yet neither the WeMacro App or Helicon Remote find the WeMacro. It really is odd. I've started, restarted, reinstalled but no joy. Hoping WeMacro or Helicon can come up with an explanation.
GeoC

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic