Objective to lens adapter

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

DEWS2

Objective to lens adapter

Post by DEWS2 »

Thinking about buying a Nikon Objective CFI Plan 10x which has a thread pitch of 25mm. Will be using it on a lens which uses a 58mm filter size. My problem is I'm not able to locate an adapter that will fit the lens and the objective. Wanting to push my limits on some Macro work.
Any help would be great.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Welcome aboard!

The classic solution is an objective adapter from 25 mm to 52 mm filter thread, plus a step ring from 52 mm to 58 mm.

However, it is now possible to buy a single-piece adapter from 25 mm to 58 mm, and given the prices, I'd be inclined to go that route.

See for example http://www.ebay.com/itm/M25x0-75mm-to-M ... 2033366617, found by searching eBay for "25mm 58mm objective adapter".

If you repeat that query, be cautious and carefully read the descriptions of what comes back. That query also returns many other adapters of different sizes, apparently due to related parts being mentioned in the item description.

--Rik

DEWS2

Thks Rik

Post by DEWS2 »

Thanks Rik, I'll take a look see at the link. I was all over e-bay looking must have given incorrect request.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic