Zerene Stacker: best use of 'show as adjusted box' ?

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ckatosmith

Zerene Stacker: best use of 'show as adjusted box' ?

Post by ckatosmith »

Things fly by so fast when stacking in Zerene Stacker that I don't seem to see how checking it would help me out. I'm probably missing something. When would one want to check the box 'Show as adjusted' when doing a stack?

I'm guessing it does not make any difference to the final output image if left unchecked?

Thank you.

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

If you have already processed the stack, then you can also put a checkmark on “Show as adjusted” in the input files panel. This will show the source images as they ended up after alignment. This makes it much easier to spot movement of the subject. Of course if you are interested in seeing how stable and well aligned your setup is, you will want to leave “show as adjusted” unchecked so that you're seeing the source images before alignment.
Reference: How do I detect movement in my stack.
http://zerenesystems.com/cms/stacker/docs/faqlist

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

ckatosmith

Post by ckatosmith »

Thank you Craig. Is there a sticky or link to the Zerene Stacker FAQ from within this forum that I missed? If not, would there be consideration for it?

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

ckatosmith wrote:Is there a sticky or link to the Zerene Stacker FAQ from within this forum that I missed? If not, would there be consideration for it?
There is not, and as both an administrator of this site and the author of Zerene Stacker, I don't think it would be a good idea to have one.

The reason is that it would be intruding unnecessarily on the no-advertisements policies of photomacrography.net, which I think we're all very fond of.

The website for Zerene Stacker can be easily found by any search engine, and on every page of that site there's a navigation panel that includes "FAQs" as one of its entries. (I added the "s" a few minutes ago.) If you have suggestions about how I can make them even simpler to find, I'll be happy to listen. Best approach in that case would be to send email to support@zerenesystems.com so that we can have an offline discussion about it. Thanks!

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic