Wasatch and Oquirrh mountain ranges

Do you have a favorite location you like to photograph or collect specimens? Share these locations with your fellow members by submitting each location as a topic.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Charles Krebs

Wasatch and Oquirrh mountain ranges

Post by Charles Krebs »

Been away from the microscopes for awhile. Took a trip to the mountains just east and south of Salt Lake City. Utah for some fall photography. Seemed like it should have been a good year... the rainfall levels were not too bad this year. But a good portion of the rain came in early spring, and apparently this, plus other weather conditions caused many of the aspens to develop a leaf fungus. This causes them to drop their leaves very early. Apparently the trees will recover next spring (unless they were already sickly or this event occurs repeatedly). So I needed to incorporate more "naked" trees than I would have like in the pictures. But overall it was very nice and a great location.
(BTW... the last shot in this little gallery is obviously way out of place :wink:. My traveling companions and I stopped by the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium on the way to the airport, and I wanted to share this image with them.)

http://www.krebsmicro.com/Utah-B/index.html

(Let me know if this is painfully slow... had a problem with an earlier upload)

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Beautiful gallery!

Thank you for sharing!

Rogelio

MaxRockbin

Post by MaxRockbin »

Loaded instantly for me. Very pretty photos.
I think 2/31 is my favorite. Though 31/31 does have the unexpected going for it.
If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

discomorphella

Post by discomorphella »

Gorgeous. I missed it when posted since I have been too chained to my work SEM and have not been diligent about checking PMN galleries. This is great.

David

Darrell C

Post by Darrell C »

that should be seen by everyone on Earth, a tool to take care of what we have. Just spectacular.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic