Favorite Location of The Moment: My Backyard

Do you have a favorite location you like to photograph or collect specimens? Share these locations with your fellow members by submitting each location as a topic.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

dmillard

Favorite Location of The Moment: My Backyard

Post by dmillard »

My cat briefly inserted himself in one of the images before deciding to explore elsewhere. If only I could get him to pose where and when I wanted!

David

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Must be nice to have a backyard that beautiful but then again, it oftentimes takes a lot of work to keep it that away. I once read that cats don't have owners, they have "staff." :)

Planapo

Post by Planapo »

I find it always interesting to have a look at such far away places. You have a patch of beautiful vegetation there, David. Looks like some good hunting ground for bugs right on your doorstep!

And I can well imagine John Wayne galloping alongside your fence. He should take care not to steer his quarter horse through them opuntiae, though. :wink: :)

--Betty

edit: quater -> quarter
Last edited by Planapo on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Atticus Finch: "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view
- until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
Lee, N. H. 1960. To Kill a Mockingbird. J. B. Lippincott, New York.

dmillard

Post by dmillard »

Greetings Ken and Betty, and thank you for your comments.
Ken Ramos wrote:Must be nice to have a backyard that beautiful but then again, it oftentimes takes a lot of work to keep it that away.
It was quite a lot of work initially, mostly clearing dead brush, but it has been almost self-sustaining in the 15 years since. What is interesting is what plants have spontaneously appeared through the years, some of which have become established, while others were ephemeral.
Planapo wrote:Looks like some good hunting ground for bugs right on your doorstep!
I am blessed with an abundance of bugs!
Planapo wrote:And I can well imagine John Wayne galloping alongside your fence. He should take care not to steer his quater horse through them opuntiae, though.
He would also need to avoid the agave further back, which could easily quarter his quarter horse. :shock:

Planapo

Post by Planapo »

dmillard wrote: He would also need to avoid the agave further back, which could easily quarter his quarter horse. :shock:
:lol:
Ideed! "No place but Texas"! :D

--Betty
Atticus Finch: "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view
- until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
Lee, N. H. 1960. To Kill a Mockingbird. J. B. Lippincott, New York.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic